lupus77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,

I haven't used my switch in a while and I am seeing lots of options like emummc and stuff now.

I have an old backup with Firmware 4.x, probably created by an older version of Hekate. It consists the following folders:
BOOT0
BOOT1
Dumps
Partitions
pkg1
pkg2
Restore (This folder is empty)

and a single file: rawnand.bin

My idea was to restore this backup and have a clean system for online play and use emummc for all different stuff.

If I recall correctly there has been some versions where the backups were flakey. Can I test my dumps if they are ok?

Should I also use an older Hekate version for restoring a backup?

Thanks.

youngc29

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You shouldn't need to use an old version of hekate.
You can restore but make sure you leave Autorcm enabled so as not to burn anymore fuses like I did.
If using a later version of hekate pop in a blank exfat sd with nothing but the fresh sd files like kosmos/atmo boot into hekate and do a restore it will then not find anything ofcourse but will generate /backup/8digitserial/restore folders. Put the sd back in pc copy over your rawnand.bin and boot0/1 to the restore folder.
Put it back in inject the latest payload from hekate and restore nand. (Keep Autorcm enabled) and you should be good.
I think the above is correct.
You can then change over to fat32 2 partiton and create an emummc.

Last edited by youngc29,
Reactions: lupus77

lupus77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks for the info about the 8digitserial, I wondered about that one as I have no 8digitserial as of now.

Am I right my gamesaves will be overwritten, too? I better make backups of them and restore them after setting up my emummc.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Most important question. Did you preserve your fuses? Does your fuse count match the version your trying to downgrade to?

I did. Updated via choidujournx and autorcm enabled.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check your fuse count in hekate before you do anything. If you downgrade and your fuses dont match you'll be forced to use a custom bootloader everytime you turn on your switch until they match again.

youngc29

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kafluke, this is what happened to me, I read some shit about disabling Autorcm and my jig failed but hey shit happens, I can still boot now at least.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)