Hacking Downgrade question

the.g.raf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a Wii that I stupidly updated to 3.3 back in October. About a week after that I got into Homebrew 'cos I wanted to play DVDs from my Wii and backups. So I followed this guide [the Wii Fix Guide]:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=112945
and the installed DVDx. But I don't remember what else I did [I know, noob city] and now I want to downgrade to 3.2 to install Starfall but I'm afraid I'll brick my Wii if I install the wrong thing. Could anyone tell me what step I should follow? Here are the IOS's I have installed [according to Any Title Deleter]:249, 16, 51, 10, 36, 37, 35, 34, 33, 31, 30, 28, 22, 20, 17, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 21, mios, bc, sysmenu, 9, 4,.
Thanks in advance for any help, guys.
EDIT: Oh, and I don't have TP so I can't re-do the hack.

D

Deleted User

Have you installed HBC?

Do that first, then, just do the downgrade, it'll be A-OK!

the.g.raf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right. I forgot to say, I do have the HBC, but what downgrader should I use? IOS or cIOS? And should I do it just like that? no installing or uninstalling of IOS's?

bdr9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should use the cIOS downgrader. And don't worry, it won't let you go on if you did something stupid like not installing cIOS first. And Welcome!
shy.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You have to use both, first cIOS Downgrader 1.2, and then IOS Downgrader 1.0, the first one will tell you wich version you want, and you are going to choose 3.2U (assuming you have a NTSC-U console), and it is going to install the IOS30, MIOS, BC and SysMenu3.2; the second one is going to download and install all of the IOS with the fakesigning bug back into your Wii, so you need both...!!!
smile.gif

the.g.raf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so I did this and I ran cIOS Downgrader 1.2 and it downgraded fine, and now my Wii tells me I'm on 3.2U. But when I try to run IOS Downgrader, I hit "A" when it tells me to, but it immediately tells me to restart my Wii, without actually doing anything. I'm sure I must've missed something, could anyone help me out? I also can't play backups anymore.
EDIT: OR install starfall....

bazross1969

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok M8 ive been there and done that find djtaz posts and download his files every thing is in there that you need just follow his instuctions and start from scratch the instuctions this guy gives are spot on and he knows his stuff even a new guy like me followed em so they must be simple to follow
Regards Baz
yaypsp.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The reason you cant install the IOS downgrader is because your being blocked by the system at the moment - you need to

1. install ios16 using the wad manager
2. install cios_fix using the custom wad manager .. failing that try the normal wad manager
3. try the ios downgrader again

hope that gets you sorted
biggrin.gif
files are in my zip in my sig ... and thanks for the compliment bazross

the.g.raf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, so should I update my Wii to 3.4 and then start from scratch? Wouldn't that eliminate the HBC? Or would it brick my Wii becaue of all the crap I've put on it?

the.g.raf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
The reason you cant install the IOS downgrader is because your being blocked by the system at the moment - you need to

1. install ios16 using the wad manager
2. install cios_fix using the custom wad manager .. failing that try the normal wad manager
3. try the ios downgrader again

hope that gets you sorted
biggrin.gif
files are in my zip in my sig ... and thanks for the compliment bazross
i get an error instaling cios_fix. Error 1035. What now?

the.g.raf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
i tried this. ios16 seems to install OK. It installs content #001 and then it tells me it's done. i still get error 1035 when i install cios_fix.

the.g.raf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also, anytitle deleter says ios16 is there. it tells me all these:249, 16, 51, 10, 36, 37, 35, 34, 33, 31, 30, 28, 22, 20, 17, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 21, mios, bc, sysmenu, 9, 4 are installed. what should i do now?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmmm - so its not installing on custom wad manager or wad manager ?

All i can think of now is to remove ios249 with any title deleter and try installing cios_fix again

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cios_fix is ios249

ohh and im not awesome - i just notice what others have tried and whats worked for them - credit for that solution goes to someone else , but i cant for the life of me remember who suggested it before - i just remembered it
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: