Downgrade Firmware question

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by saurito, Jan 25, 2016.

1. saurito
    OP

saurito Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2016
    Hello,

I have a 2ds with 9.9 firmware. It has never been connected to internet. Can I downgrade it to 9.2 or is the explorer going to ask me for an update to 10.04?

Thank you

2. princeken09

princeken09 그 "멋진" 남자

Nov 7, 2011
    서울
    If you updated from a cart to 9.9 before, then you probably don't have a browser installed. Try opening the browser without connecting to the internet and see whether it tells you to update or not.

If you're lucky that it doesn't, apply the tubehax dns and proceed to installing HBL and downgrade from there.

3. saurito
    OP

saurito Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2016
    Thank you,
    I have bought the console, and it came with 9.9. It has an internet browser, but I never used it.

could you direct me to tubehax dns?

4. fr3quency

fr3quency GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 11, 2016
    Greece
    Wherever my imagination decides.
    Don't apply tubehax dns YET(apply it after you have downgraded and/or you have created an emuNAND. I strogly recommend an emuNAND. I have forgotten sysNAND; haven't boot into it for over 2 weeks xD). You might brick your 2DS, so you will need to boot into recovery and download, unfortunately, 10.4 or you can take your chances if you are brave enough by applying the dns. But if you brick it, I don't think you will be able to un-do the dns and download 10.4. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

5. princeken09

princeken09 그 "멋진" 남자

Nov 7, 2011
    서울
    Go to System Settings, setup your 3ds to connect to your router, go to DNS Settings and set it to manual (or do not auto-obtain, can't remember) put "107.211.140.065" on the first box, leave the second box as it is then apply.

6. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    behind a parental advisory sticker
    what is the full fw number?
    taken from The Homebrew Launcher - 3DS

7. princeken09

princeken09 그 "멋진" 남자

Nov 7, 2011
    서울
    He needs to apply the dns to use browserhax, as when he doesn't, he will get the nag.

Although you have a point, I think he can install menuhax after applying the dns and disable it after installing menuhax.

wormdood likes this.
  8. fr3quency

fr3quency GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 11, 2016
    Greece
    Wherever my imagination decides.
    Indeed! Just do this. Apply the dns, install menuhax, and then un-do the dns.

wormdood likes this.
  9. saurito
    OP

saurito Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2016
  10. artur3004

artur3004 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 31, 2015
    Gambia, The
    For downgrading, install menuhax, so you'll save time with retrying to downgrade, so you need browserhax only once to install menuhax. sysupdater or to be more precise, memchunkhax2 isn't very stable, initializing often fails.

11. saurito
    OP

saurito Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2016
    thank you,
    I'm just afraid of the message tu update my browser on 9.9 firmware , and not be able to use browserhax...

12. artur3004

artur3004 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 31, 2015
    Gambia, The
    set tubehax dns, install menuhax, then delete tubehax dns *problem solved*