Homebrew Downgrade Firmware question

saurito

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

I have a 2ds with 9.9 firmware. It has never been connected to internet. Can I downgrade it to 9.2 or is the explorer going to ask me for an update to 10.04?

Thank you

princeken09

그 "멋진" 남자
Trophies
XP
Country
If you updated from a cart to 9.9 before, then you probably don't have a browser installed. Try opening the browser without connecting to the internet and see whether it tells you to update or not.

If you're lucky that it doesn't, apply the tubehax dns and proceed to installing HBL and downgrade from there.

saurito

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you updated from a cart to 9.9 before, then you probably don't have a browser installed. Try opening the browser without connecting to the internet and see whether it tells you to update or not.

If you're lucky that it doesn't, apply the tubehax dns and proceed to installing HBL and downgrade from there.
Thank you,
I have bought the console, and it came with 9.9. It has an internet browser, but I never used it.

could you direct me to tubehax dns?

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
Don't apply tubehax dns YET(apply it after you have downgraded and/or you have created an emuNAND. I strogly recommend an emuNAND. I have forgotten sysNAND; haven't boot into it for over 2 weeks xD). You might brick your 2DS, so you will need to boot into recovery and download, unfortunately, 10.4 or you can take your chances if you are brave enough by applying the dns. But if you brick it, I don't think you will be able to un-do the dns and download 10.4. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

princeken09

그 "멋진" 남자
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you,
I have bought the console, and it came with 9.9. It has an internet browser, but I never used it.

Go to System Settings, setup your 3ds to connect to your router, go to DNS Settings and set it to manual (or do not auto-obtain, can't remember) put "107.211.140.065" on the first box, leave the second box as it is then apply.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you,
I have bought the console, and it came with 9.9.
what is the full fw number?
  1. On your 3DS, open the System Settings app, then go to Internet Settings and Connection Settings. From there, select your favorite Connection, tap the Change Settings button, and on the second page head over to the DNS section. Once there, select "No" for "Auto-obtain DNS", and under Detailed Setup, enter the following address : 107.211.140.065.
taken from The Homebrew Launcher - 3DS

princeken09

그 "멋진" 남자
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't apply tubehax dns YET(apply it after you have downgraded and/or you have created an emuNAND. I strogly recommend an emuNAND. I have forgotten sysNAND; haven't boot into it for over 2 weeks xD). You might brick your 2DS, so you will need to boot into recovery and download, unfortunately, 10.4 or you can take your chances if you are brave enough by applying the dns. But if you brick it, I don't think you will be able to un-do the dns and download 10.4. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

He needs to apply the dns to use browserhax, as when he doesn't, he will get the nag.

Although you have a point, I think he can install menuhax after applying the dns and disable it after installing menuhax.

Reactions: wormdood

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
He needs to apply the dns to use browserhax as it when he doesn't, he will get the nag.

Although you have a point, I think he can install menuhax after applying the dns and disable it after installing menuhax.
Indeed! Just do this. Apply the dns, install menuhax, and then un-do the dns.

Reactions: wormdood

artur3004

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
For downgrading, install menuhax, so you'll save time with retrying to downgrade, so you need browserhax only once to install menuhax. sysupdater or to be more precise, memchunkhax2 isn't very stable, initializing often fails.

saurito

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For downgrading, install menuhax, so you'll save time with retrying to downgrade, so you need browserhax only once to install menuhax. sysupdater or to be more precise, memchunkhax2 isn't very stable, initializing often fails.
thank you,
I'm just afraid of the message tu update my browser on 9.9 firmware , and not be able to use browserhax...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c