Hacking downgrade error, downgrade missed!

aapontem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hello, I recently tried to downgrade a new n3DS-J, and while in the process of downgrading, the Sysupdater displayed an error. My n3DS did not brick, however I have an incomplete downgrade since the gateway menu or any CFW won't load. I assume I have a 9.4 NATIVE_FIRM within a 9.1 firmware. Is it safe to use Sysupdater (with memchunkhax2) to updgrade to 9.2?

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I recently tried to downgrade a new n3DS-J, and while in the process of downgrading, the Sysupdater displayed an error. My n3DS did not brick, however I have an incomplete downgrade since the gateway menu or any CFW won't load. I assume I have a 9.4 NATIVE_FIRM within a 9.1 firmware. Is it safe to use Sysupdater (with memchunkhax2) to updgrade to 9.2?

I would update to 10.3( look online the update files have been dumped) THEN downgrade to 9.2. ( People have had much better luck downgrading once on 10.3)

ddurdle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I upgraded all mine and friend's O3DS and N3DS, I ensured to update to 10.3 first. Nobody put that as a rule, but everyone who reports success mentions going to 10.3 either first or after initial failed attempt to downgrade v < 10.3. My JP N3DS was on 9.4, updated to 10.3 then downgraded to the "9.2" CIA which shows as 9.1, successfully without error. Reinand, RXtools and gateway have no issues.

aapontem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
try to run susupdater again , don't try to update using recovery mode , cause you will have 10.4
do you thing that it is safe ? I dont want to die my n3ds...I was to told to use other different sysupdater , it's possible?

mitroux

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
i think it's safe to use sysupdater to downgrade(maybe use safesysupdater) but try to downgrade , not upgrade , if sysupdater finds any title not downgrader , it will downgrade it , also ,i don't think there is any 9.2j update yet(only 9.1j labeled as 9.2j )
you can also try to backup your sysnand before preceding to downgrade again by usingh decrypt9 tool

Last edited by mitroux,
Reactions: aapontem

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo