Hacking Downgrade AK2i?

Sh0gun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all,

I just purchased a 3dsxl and wanted to play ds games on it so I decided it to upgrade the firmware. Being as careless and stupid as I am, I forgot to check the 3ds firmware version and upgraded the FC without knowing my DS is 4.4. :/

After upgrading, the screen went black and I couldn't play on my dsi anymore. Is there anyway to downgrade the firmware so that I can use it for my dsi? Thank you in advance.

PS: I upgraded with the latest firmware provided by the acekard team on their homepage.

NariIro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I just purchased a 3dsxl and wanted to play ds games on it so I decided it to upgrade the firmware. Being as careless and stupid as I am, I forgot to check the 3ds firmware version and upgraded the FC without knowing my DS is 4.4. :/

After upgrading, the screen went black and I couldn't play on my dsi anymore. Is there anyway to downgrade the firmware so that I can use it for my dsi? Thank you in advance.

PS: I upgraded with the latest firmware provided by the acekard team on their homepage.
As far as i know you cant downgrade the Acekcard, Your best bet would be to find a buddy with a dsi and flash the upgrade. i have a dsi with 1.4.4U and the latest firmware and im able to play it just fine with no errors. Have you checked the code on the back to make sure it isnt a clone?

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
As veronica said, you're out of luck. Currently the most future proof card is the SC DSTwo, but nothing is sure. I'm happy with the DSTwo and sold my AK2i roughly a year ago..

Sh0gun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the input guys. I think you misunderstand. I realize I can't use it for 3ds, but it doesn't work with my older dsixl either, so I think I may need to downgrade it or something.

As far as i know you cant downgrade the Acekcard, Your best bet would be to find a buddy with a dsi and flash the upgrade. i have a dsi with 1.4.4U and the latest firmware and im able to play it just fine with no errors. Have you checked the code on the back to make sure it isnt a clone?
How do you flash the acekard? When I choose the acekard icon the screen turns black and I can't do anything. I bought the acekard from leetmod a while back and it worked well for the last few years so I never checked. :(
Thanks.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the input guys. I think you misunderstand. I realize I can't use it for 3ds, but it doesn't work with my older dsixl either, so I think I may need to downgrade it or something.

How do you flash the acekard? When I choose the acekard icon the screen turns black and I can't do anything. I bought the acekard from leetmod a while back and it worked well for the last few years so I never checked. :(
Thanks.
You need to flash your Acekard with this file using a DS that it currently works on. This will allow the Acekard to work with any DSi that's 1.4.4 or lower and any 3DS that's 4.3 or lower.

NariIro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to flash your Acekard with this file using a DS that it currently works on. This will allow the Acekard to work with any DSi that's 1.4.4 or lower and any 3DS that's 4.3 or lower.
Yeah, Lacius is right, OR you could buy a new card and ask them to flash it for you so then its a 99.99% chance it will work on your system

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat