GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a question regarding watering crops, but in the event other folks have questions pertaining to the game, perhaps would could put them under one roof here.

Anyway, I was trying to water my turnip sprouts (they had begun to leaf but hadn't sprouted turnips yet), but I couldn't move my little dude to the middle squares for some reason. Anyone else experience this? When watering the seedlings, no problem, but once they sprout leaves, it's like there's an invisible wall that prevents you from getting at those inner plots. Glitch? Am I doing something wrong?

As an aside, I'm really getting into this one. The other games they've churned out for DS (not including Rune Factory, of course) just didn't quite get the controls right. This one, though, feels more like the Gamecube Harvest Moon -- much easier for me to get into.

Kimi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You can't stand on your crops
smile.gif

There's a glitch where you can sometimes force yourself onto them, but normally you've only got access to the outside ones once they've started growing. Once you've upgrade your watering can for better range (buy the gems from the shop/win contests and buy a watering can from the builders that's got three empty sockets; it's different each day, so just keep checking for the one that costs 3000g) you'll be able to get them, until then you just have to leave them be.

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Yea, you can't walk in the crops once they sprout. You'll be able to water the middle of a 3x3 plot later on, but not for now. Use this format I've used since HM Back to nature.

XXX
XX
XXX

Or any other variation of that. As a result each bag only produces 8 vegitables instead of 9, but it's worth it unless you want the middle plant to be still growing once you've harvested the rest.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, okay. Thanks, guys. Guess the first order of business for me, then, will be to save to upgrade my can.

BTW, where can I acquire farm animals?
unsure.gif

ericling

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
basher11 said:
Exbaddude said:
I also have a question, does watering a crop twice change anything? Cause the ground is darker when I do.
biggrin.gif

it helps it grow faster.

You water it twice so your crops get 2water point.
Different crop need different water point to grow.
http://fogu.com/hm8/farm/springcrops.php
Look at the website.
You will understand easily.
Water more does not mean grow faster.For some crop that very sensitive to water,like Yam,when you water it for 3times,the crop will drown.Means dun water it too much,like our real life.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
I forced myself into my crops by accident once.
biggrin.gif

I was like "WTF I can walk over them?"
ohmy.gif

Equip 1 blue Wonderful and 2 red Wonderfuls onto your watering can, and you'll water 3x3.

Exbaddude

The Prince.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ericling said:
basher11 said:
Exbaddude said:
I also have a question, does watering a crop twice change anything? Cause the ground is darker when I do.
biggrin.gif

it helps it grow faster.

Look at the website.
Water more does not mean grow faster.For some crop that very sensitive to water,like Yam,when you water it for 3times,the crop will drown.Means dun water it too much,like our real life.

I'm not sure about it though, like it says for turnip 2 to 19 waters? So in total?

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Exbaddude said:
ericling said:
basher11 said:
Exbaddude said:
biggrin.gif

it helps it grow faster.

Look at the website.

I'm not sure about it though, like it says for turnip 2 to 19 waters? So in total?

So, it must have a minimum of 2 water points to grow. This version has it in points. 2 water points for a rainy day (the weather icon with an umbrella open), 1 point for a drizzly day (the weather icon with an umbrella closed), and 1 point for each time you water a crop (up to 2). It's best to always go for the minimum. If it reaches 19 water points, it will die.

The sun points are a little harder. A cloudy day (the icon is obvious) gives 1 sun point. The clear day (a small sun) gives 2 points, and a sunny day (the one with a really big and red sun) gives 3. As the same, it's best to go for minimum. If it reaches maximum, it will die.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
First you need a tool with slots. Go buy them from the carpenter dude. Then go to Chen's store and talk to Chen's son. He'll help you equip wonderfuls to your tools. To use a wonderful's effect you have to charge up your tool instead of using it normally.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raika said:
First you need a tool with slots. Go buy them from the carpenter dude. Then go to Chen's store and talk to Chen's son. He'll help you equip wonderfuls to your tools. To use a wonderful's effect you have to charge up your tool instead of using it normally.

Ah...I guess the watering can I have now doesn't have slots. Okay, thanks!

On a different note, is it just me, or does anyone else find it a tad annoying that when you go into a shop you have to talk to the person twice in order to bring up the selection menu for buying/etc.?

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raika said:
basher11 said:
i heard you can use turbo shoes to hop right over the crop.
You wish.
laugh.gif

the people on the fogu forum thing said that you could, as long as there was an empty space in the middle of the crop area.

x = crop
o = space

x x x
x o x
x x x

then you can jump right over it.

Kimi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
irpacynot said:
On a different note, is it just me, or does anyone else find it a tad annoying that when you go into a shop you have to talk to the person twice in order to bring up the selection menu for buying/etc.?
That one annoys me quite a bit, but the one that really pisses me off is when I'm feeding my animals. You need to take the feed out of the holder, then talk to the feeding stations and you get an Yes/No screen up each time to put the food down.
hate2.gif
. So pointless. If the Yes/No screen was remotely speedy then I'd be fine.

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kimi said:
irpacynot said:
That one annoys me quite a bit, but the one that really pisses me off is when I'm feeding my animals. You need to take the feed out of the holder, then talk to the feeding stations and you get an Yes/No screen up each time to put the food down.
hate2.gif
. So pointless. If the Yes/No screen was remotely speedy then I'd be fine.

lmao, all you have to do is hold your stylus on yourself while holding the food and then drag it to the feeder. automatic throw in the feeder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3 (You know me, I'm more of a Xbox junkie)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps3 really has no titles worth going online
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    what is nps?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, what about GTA v onl... O Yea the PS3 versión got discontinued
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I feel like the world's cheapest pc build can play gtaV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In modern standards
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because your pc has a hamster innit
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy +2