Hacking Double checking: ps3 3xxx hackable?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 5,632
  • Replies 5
D

Deleted User

OP
Ok, so my parents have been going through the attic, and we came across a ps3 that they stuck in storage and completely forgot about. I told them I might be able to hack it for them for the younger siblings.

So I set it up, its on 4.81, and its a Slim 3xxx, to be precise, a 3003A model Ps3 Slim.

Over the past hour or so, I saw alot of 3xxx cannot be hacked, yadda yadda yadda. But I stumble across this: http://www.psx-place.com/threads/ps...n-cfw-compatible-slim-superslim-models.16672/

etHANol. It looks legit, as does all the other previous hacks for it. BUT before I continue, I wanted to double check before I go ahead and start downloading and installing random shit.

Is this system that we have hackable. Is the page I linked legit?

If yes, how difficult is it for kids to kick it off, since it seems to be a temp hack, needing to be restarted every power up.

Thanks in advanced for any replies, I appreciate it, just don;t wanna brick this thing if we can instead trade it away for a slightly older model in the end!

Extra question: It says that it is a prerequisite to have an activated psn account on the ps3. Unfortunately, we aren't sure if the account that is on the system is activated or not, but it Should be. Is there no way to get a psn account onto the ps3, as I assume that requires updating the console, in the case that the account is activated?

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

OP

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Cheers, I appreciate it, I've actually found it in the end, but I'm a tad stuck, seeing as how the hack requires an activated account, and this ps3 is pretty much blank at this point, and I'm at a loss of what to do now.
You just make an user profile create a PSN for it it's free and needs an email address, then you would be advised to have another account for playing to avoid bans. (so two PSN if you want to try to go online)

Types of games you can install is little limited but still seems quite compatible. I am just lucky I have a CFW Fat for my "time of need"

D

Deleted User

OP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Broken condoms lead to broken hearts, won't someone think of the children!!! Lol +2