Hacking Don't order from Modchipstore.com

scottrleo1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same experience as several others. I ordered the Wiikey on 3/3. They wouldn't update me on a date, so I cancelled. The next day I got an email saying my order had been processed. I sent them another ticket making sure to cancel my order before it shipped. What do you know?? Next day it shipped. Don't trust these guys. I had to dispute it on my CC.

iza

gbatemp, the new crack
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
as long as it shipped... i dont see the problem. sure, there were delays, but it cant all be blamed on them. i havent emailed them, so i dont know how good their customer service is, but i'm being patient and atleast giving them a chance... you ordered days after alot of other people... if you wanted it soon, you shoulda payed for it sooner... tons of people have recieve their wiikey's from them, but they also ordered (mostly) before the 28th of feb... so chill

scottrleo1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as long as it shipped... i dont see the problem. sure, there were delays, but it cant all be blamed on them. i havent emailed them, so i dont know how good their customer service is, but i'm being patient and atleast giving them a chance... you ordered days after alot of other people... if you wanted it soon, you shoulda payed for it sooner... tons of people have recieve their wiikey's from them, but they also ordered (mostly) before the 28th of feb... so chill

Obviously you missed what I said. I'm not complaining that it took too long. I'm upset that I cancelled the order and they still sent it and charged my CC. I now have 2 wiikeys and I'm out 100 bucks.

lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ture ture what iza said. scottrleo1 if diveneo haven't shipped your wiikey you still could cancell from them if not there alot people here probably wanted to buy it off you. (GBAtemp Trading Forum)

scottrleo1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ture ture what iza said. scottrleo1 if diveneo haven't shipped your wiikey you still could cancell from them if not there alot people here probably wanted to buy it off you. (GBAtemp Trading Forum)

Unfortunately they are both on their way to me. I will probably just refuse the package from Modchipstore.com since I disputed the charge.

alucard77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if I don't get my chip soon from Foundmy, I may be willing to take that chip off your hands. I am just waiting till Friday to see if they will ship it to me. If not, I will probably cancel that order.

heyyouguys

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Obviously you missed what I said. I'm not complaining that it took too long. I'm upset that I cancelled the order and they still sent it and charged my CC. I now have 2 wiikeys and I'm out 100 bucks.

Not to be mean, but it is not modchipstore's fault you spent an extra 50 on the same product somewhere else. That was a choice you made before you had a definate answer from them saying your were cancelled. That is all on you not them. If what you said about them is true, it is kinda shady, but so are modchips for that matter.

Also you are not out 100 bucks cause you were going to spend 50 of it on a wiikey, you are just out 50 for the second one

XeroRestraint

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I find it pretty sad when people abuse internet resources to bring bad publicity to a retailer because they feel they were "wronged." Often such outrage is deserved, and in those cases this type of demonstration is not abusive. It is refreshing to see a majority of members here pointing out that the topic creator's complaints are a little bit irrational.

I won't bother to point out how ridiculous your complaints are as others have covered that well enough. I will say that the lack of patience you're displaying gives off an impression about your maturity that you probably would not appreciate.

scottrleo1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it pretty sad when people abuse internet resources to bring bad publicity to a retailer because they feel they were "wronged." Often such outrage is deserved, and in those cases this type of demonstration is not abusive. It is refreshing to see a majority of members here pointing out that the topic creator's complaints are a little bit irrational.

I won't bother to point out how ridiculous your complaints are as others have covered that well enough. I will say that the lack of patience you're displaying gives off an impression about your maturity that you probably would not appreciate.

Ok. I will try not to abuse internet resources any more. Exactly what patience are you talking about?? The fact that I didn't wait for them to confirm my cancellation?? Oh by the way they got back to me today.. 9 days later.

XeroRestraint

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok. I will try not to abuse internet resources any more. Exactly what patience are you talking about?? The fact that I didn't wait for them to confirm my cancellation?? Oh by the way they got back to me today.. 9 days later.

I only mean that it seems like you were impatient to order a second chip before finalizing the status of your first transaction. I agree that nine business days to receive a reply is longer that it should be. But I would also take into account the fact that the chip you ordered is relatively hot off the presses and as demand seems to be exceeding supply just about everywhere I think a little slack could be granted here. Also, electronic correspondence and ordering systems (though technologically instantaneous) are unfortunately commonly susceptible to slow replies.

I've ordered products from the store in question before and I can relate to the fact that they do not provide contact info for voice communication anywhere. If anything that is what I would criticize them for.

When I ordered my R4 from them I was initially concerned that I had not received any shipping, tracking or order confirmation info two days after ordering. Imagine my surprise when my order arrived the next day. Next, imagine my surprise when a *second* R4 arrived the following day.

I guess my point is no one's perfect and even my story illustrates that the site we're talking about does make mistakes (mine just happened to be beneficial to me), but I don't think they're trying to rip anybody off and I'm sure they try their best to fill orders as quickly as possible. I don't think either of our experiences are justification to start a topic to boycott a particular retailer.

By the way, the one R4 I was charged for was not debited from my credit card until after delivery (of the first unit).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Penisapiens
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Tempus Bannus
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @cearp, okie dokie i'm sorry
  • cearp @ cearp:
    lol I meant nothing by it - and for the record I have no powers, so no worries :D
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, you're forgiven
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Well I don't forgive him. He's been eating ALL the Tempus Bannus's :angry:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, it was only once :angry:
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ROFL :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp: