Don't be an idiot like me

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by zergslayer69, Feb 8, 2015.

1. zergslayer69
    OP

zergslayer69 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 24, 2008
    United States
    So I successfully transferred my legit 3ds over to my 4.4 3ds. All purchases went over onto the emunand. I decided to wipe the card just to clean it up. Backed it up onto pc and then used sd formatter and cleaned the whole thing. Updated emunand and copied everything back. And now I can't use my NNID on the same device and all is lost. So, long story short, if it works, just leave it, don't be an idiot.

And unfortunately I did not back up the emunand after i updated to 9.5 on emunand (didn't have the option in gateway menu I don't think).

2. gudenau

gudenau Never a unique idea

Jul 7, 2010
    United States
    /dev/random
    There are better ways to backup sd cards with emunand, like dd + gz.

shawnanastasio likes this.
  3. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    You need emunandtool on your pc to extract the nand for backup purpose.
    You could have backupped the SD with win32imager software
    You could have used another SD to test it out first.

4. zergslayer69
    OP

zergslayer69 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 24, 2008
    United States
    Yea now I know, the hard way. Worst part is I can't even salvage my purchases with the serial. Seems that every time you set up the emunand it is like a whole new generated device. Otherwise no reason I can't access my files again.

5. ground

ground GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 22, 2007
    Netherlands
    You cant? Did you maybe format your sysnand?. And if you go to the eshopt and look at bought games or so, they dont show up?

6. Aaron007

Aaron007 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2013
    United States
    Don't touch that SD card!, you may be able to reverse the damage.

Edit:
    Solution!!! Follow this tutorial on your sysnand backup. https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-moving-eshop-content-from-emunand-to-sysnand.379879/ Make sure to the opposite. sysnand is your emunand, and the emunand is your sysnand. (all the steps). You should have linked nands.

zergslayer69 likes this.
  7. Thomas12345

Thomas12345 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 1, 2014
    Canada
    i think you can try calling Nintendo and telling them that ur 3ds got stolen, and you need the NNID unlinked from all devices. Once it's unlinked, you should be able to register NNID again

8. lPolarisl

lPolarisl GBAtemp Fan

Jan 24, 2015
    Hungary
    Wait, why can't you use our NNID ?

9. DragonSky

DragonSky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 27, 2010
    Belgium
    They recovered mine even if I didn't told them it was stolen I told it was just a mistake.

Thomas12345 likes this.
  10. zergslayer69
    OP

zergslayer69 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 24, 2008
    United States
    Massive props to Aaron007. Helped me get the NNID back onto the emunand. Just need to figure out if I can get the device to read all the SD save data.

Process was fairly simple. My sysnand and emunand were not unlinked. So basically went into the gateway menu and backed up sysnand. Went to this link and downloaded the program. https://gbatemp.net/threads/emunand-tool-release-and-support-thread.359239/ And then injected the sysnand into the emunand. Booted up the 3ds and updated emunand to 9.5. Eshop was still giving me problems, so went into settings and nintendo ID settings and linked device to my NNID. After that rebooted and everything, went back into eshop and was able to download smash bro (bought it previously) without paying.

Margen67 and Aaron007 like this.