zergslayer69

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I successfully transferred my legit 3ds over to my 4.4 3ds. All purchases went over onto the emunand. I decided to wipe the card just to clean it up. Backed it up onto pc and then used sd formatter and cleaned the whole thing. Updated emunand and copied everything back. And now I can't use my NNID on the same device and all is lost. So, long story short, if it works, just leave it, don't be an idiot.

And unfortunately I did not back up the emunand after i updated to 9.5 on emunand (didn't have the option in gateway menu I don't think).

zergslayer69

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yea now I know, the hard way. Worst part is I can't even salvage my purchases with the serial. Seems that every time you set up the emunand it is like a whole new generated device. Otherwise no reason I can't access my files again.

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yea now I know, the hard way. Worst part is I can't even salvage my purchases with the serial. Seems that every time you set up the emunand it is like a whole new generated device. Otherwise no reason I can't access my files again.
You cant? Did you maybe format your sysnand?. And if you go to the eshopt and look at bought games or so, they dont show up?

Aaron007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I successfully transferred my legit 3ds over to my 4.4 3ds. All purchases went over onto the emunand. I decided to wipe the card just to clean it up. Backed it up onto pc and then used sd formatter and cleaned the whole thing. Updated emunand and copied everything back. And now I can't use my NNID on the same device and all is lost. So, long story short, if it works, just leave it, don't be an idiot.

And unfortunately I did not back up the emunand after i updated to 9.5 on emunand (didn't have the option in gateway menu I don't think).
Don't touch that SD card!, you may be able to reverse the damage.

Edit:
Solution!!! Follow this tutorial on your sysnand backup. https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-moving-eshop-content-from-emunand-to-sysnand.379879/ Make sure to the opposite. sysnand is your emunand, and the emunand is your sysnand. (all the steps). You should have linked nands.

Reactions: zergslayer69

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i think you can try calling Nintendo and telling them that ur 3ds got stolen, and you need the NNID unlinked from all devices. Once it's unlinked, you should be able to register NNID again

DragonSky

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i think you can try calling Nintendo and telling them that ur 3ds got stolen, and you need the NNID unlinked from all devices. Once it's unlinked, you should be able to register NNID again

They recovered mine even if I didn't told them it was stolen I told it was just a mistake.

Reactions: Thomas12345

zergslayer69

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Massive props to Aaron007. Helped me get the NNID back onto the emunand. Just need to figure out if I can get the device to read all the SD save data.

Process was fairly simple. My sysnand and emunand were not unlinked. So basically went into the gateway menu and backed up sysnand. Went to this link and downloaded the program. https://gbatemp.net/threads/emunand-tool-release-and-support-thread.359239/ And then injected the sysnand into the emunand. Booted up the 3ds and updated emunand to 9.5. Eshop was still giving me problems, so went into settings and nintendo ID settings and linked device to my NNID. After that rebooted and everything, went back into eshop and was able to download smash bro (bought it previously) without paying.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr