.dol files not shown by usb loader gx

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by rjvbeek, Oct 14, 2014.

1. rjvbeek
    OP

rjvbeek Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2014
    Netherlands
    Barneveld
    Hi all!
    I'm trying to run Sims 3 through USB loader GX. I read you need to select different dol files for multiplayer and single player. If I tell GX to list the .dols at game launch, it only shows me the dol for multiplayer and not single player. Is this an error in the game iso, in GX or is there something else I could try?
    Thanks in advance

2. SuperrSonic

SuperrSonic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 9, 2011
    Sounds like the single player .dol is the main.dol, in this case it won't show up on the list. So naturally it's not a bug, just load the game normally.

3. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    using Alternative Dol loading method is not needed since d2x v7.
    Be sure you have d2x v8 or newer, and set the "Block IOS Reload" to enable in USBLoaderGX settings.
    Launch the game, and select single or multiplayer directly from the official menu in the game.

and like he said, the loader is listing alternative dols, not listing the official one.
    if you want to launch the official one, press cancel on the select screen and it should launch the game with the default dol. But using alternative dol method is not a good idea anymore, some games don't let you select game difficulty or video mode for example (Metroid Prime trilogy). now that the game is not reseting when loading a new dol directly when playing, you don't need to use alt dol menu. (unless you are really happy to launch the game this way for faster loading time :P)

4. rjvbeek
    OP

rjvbeek Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2014
    Netherlands
    Barneveld
    Thanks guys, I wasn't aware main.dol is the default... Makes sense though :)
    Works now!