Question Does Tinfoil work on 9.0.0?

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by Ian095, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Ian095
    OP

Ian095 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 25, 2018
    United Kingdom
    So I've always used tinfoil to install nsp's to my switch and it was even able to install XCI's though since updating the files it now gets an error saying there is not enough memory? Does anyone know the problem to this or if it's due to me being on firmware 9.0.0 now or is tinfoil considered obsolete? The files on their main website seem to offer no solution at all.

2. darkxex

darkxex Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 13, 2016
    Cote d'Ivoire
    working in 9.0.1, press R in a game for launch with full memory.

Ian095 likes this.
  3. blawar

blawar Developer

pip Developer
    Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    the issue is you being on atmosphere and not copying all of the files in the zip :)

Ian095 likes this.
  4. darkxex

darkxex Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 13, 2016
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Ian095 likes this.
  5. Rikuddo

Rikuddo Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2019
    Austria
    I really wished the old tinfoil worked with 9.0 too. It was simple, fast and got the job done without any hassle.

Ian095 likes this.
  6. gnze796

gnze796 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    As far as I know Tinfoil 5.0 works good with latest Atmosphere, you don't need any more forks or mods. The only issue is memory related, so it's recommended to NOT run Tinfoil in Applet Mode. You will either need to load HBL from a game (press R) or install a forwarder to make it easier to access.

Ian095 likes this.
  7. Ian095
    OP

Ian095 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 25, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Ah yes, I'm in applet mode but not sure how to even change those modes tbh. I managed to get the hbg shop version to work in the end but having it have constant memory issues was an annoyance.

8. blawar

blawar Developer

pip Developer
    Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    unzip all of the files in the tinfoil zip and reboot and it will fix your memory issues.

9. masterzero

masterzero GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 20, 2007
  10. aerik

aerik Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2004
    Brazil
    How ?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted