Hacking Does the switch save logs, even when using emunand.

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to play it a little safe with my switch, still not been banned and I'm hoping to keep it that way.

I want to play a few nsp games but I want these to be kept completely seperate from my main sd and nand as such I came up with the idea to use a seperate sd card with an emunand installed to exclusively play nsp games, I'm never going to go online with this sd but my main question is if I get it to boot emunand only on this sd is the switch going to keep logs of my activity when I put the main sd in, or should I be able to hide all my nsp loving activity as long as I play it safe and stay completely offline with this sd

stephrk398

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, Nintendo logs all sorts of activity as you use your switch. You're at risk of a ban after any custom firmware usage no matter how you cut it.

Reactions: RobCat030

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, Nintendo logs all sorts of activity as you use your switch. You're at risk of a ban after any custom firmware usage no matter how you cut it.
I know this, I just wanted to know if I use nsp on a seperate emunand will the logs show that the game was used and the fake tickets be saved in the switches log, visible to my main nand or will they be confined to the emunand in question

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The way I see it, if restoring a backup of a virgin nand prior to going online keeps you safe then, loading nsps exclusively in emunand should theoretically keep the logs of such nsps confined to the emunand and leave the sysnand untouched.

I am just looking for clarification on my theory is all

chocoboss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Theoricaly, if the job was done correctly, emunand's log should be written on emunand and nand log should be written on nand.

I don't own sx so I not test it. But you can do it like that : backup your sysnand. Install nsp and play them on emunand. Then backup again your nand again and, compare both to see if there is a diff ( there are program to calculate delta of 2 files )

Last edited by chocoboss,

aerios169

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
They are diferent, i had installed nsp on emunand, and is not registred on sys, even the icono of games are diferents

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Theoricaly, if the job was done correctly, emunand's log should be written on emunand and nand log should be written on nand.

I don't own sx so I not test it. But you can do it like that : backup your sysnand. Install nsp and play them on emunand. Then backup again your nand again and, compare both to see if there is a diff ( there are program to calculate delta of 2 files )
Nands are definetly different, I've formatted emunand and no files show at all, however once I boot without SX all my old files are back and I'm able to play all my old games as if nothing happened

Reactions: javicrazy

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dupe post

But the original questions still hasn't been answered, are the logs from both nands kept seperate from one another

Last edited by yusuo,

username23bob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you’re using emunand, the logs don’t go to nintendo unless you connected while online in cfw. they won’t be on your nand in ofw so you can go online fine.

mierdatuti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand that always the logs are sent to Nintendo if you are online.
The main difference is that you can play offline with emunand with your games backup, and you can play to your offical game in online mode in OFW without any problem, because emunand is an isolated system.
Right?

Sakuraibr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Dupe post

But the original questions still hasn't been answered, are the logs from both nands kept seperate from one another

Have you tried posting your question on Team Xecuter forum? They answer most of the questions regarding their products and support there pronto.
Since they know their products better than anyone not working on SX, I recommend contacting them if you didn't already.

(also sorry for not answering your question ;_; )

Reactions: xs4all

DoKM91AS

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you install an NSP on Emunand then there will be no logs from this happening on original firmware, if you have stealth mode enabled (which is enabled by default by SX) then these logs from emunand also wont be send.

This means you can install nsps etc without the logs visable to OF or get these logs send to nintendo when using stealth mode.

Emunand and Sysnand Are seperate.

stealth mode blocks the connection between the switch and nintendo servers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Roll them little snake eyes in
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go gay there I made up his mind