Hardware Does the SuperCard DSTWO void your 3DS warranty?

Nintendian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I'm new to this so please do bear with me. I just have a simple question, and I tried searching for it but to no avail. So, as the title says, does using a SuperCard DSTWO in your 3DS XL 6.3.0-12U void your warranty with Nintendo?

I'm sure it does technically since you aren't supposed to use any third party accessories in your console, however, can they actually find out? Does the DSTWO flash your 3DS' OS in any way?

I'm far more familiar with hacking/rooting Androids, and I know in those devices, there is a flash counter that is at 0 by default. If you flash a custom ROM on your phone, the number goes up, therefore voiding your warranty (this counter is one of many checks on your warranty).

So, essentially, if I purchase and use a DSTWO in my 3DS XL, and the 3DS one day malfunctions, could I send the 3DS to Nintendo for a warranty repair with no problems?

Thanks in advance.

Suicide

'Nuff said...
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do notice, however, those who flash carts that StreetPass (or in this case HomePass) show the game they are playing as Alex Rider. That usually gives me a chuckle.;)

Reactions: user64 and lexarvn

user64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tendian
I do notice, however, those who flash carts that StreetPass (or in this case HomePass) show the game they are playing as Alex Rider. That usually gives me a chuckle.;)
Whenever I go to EB Games (Canadian Gamestop), I always play a retail cartridge before, as I StreetPass the employes there.
I wish though that we could customize this ourselves
It's one of a few exploitable games, therefore unfoutunately you wouldn't be able to set it to whatever you want.

Nintendian
Welcome to the Temp! Try the homebrew, it's delicious!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Fucking Biden making us pay full internet prices +1