Does the SuperCard DSTWO void your 3DS warranty?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Nintendian, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Nintendian
    OP

Nintendian Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2013
    United States
    Hello everyone, I'm new to this so please do bear with me. I just have a simple question, and I tried searching for it but to no avail. So, as the title says, does using a SuperCard DSTWO in your 3DS XL 6.3.0-12U void your warranty with Nintendo?

I'm sure it does technically since you aren't supposed to use any third party accessories in your console, however, can they actually find out? Does the DSTWO flash your 3DS' OS in any way?

I'm far more familiar with hacking/rooting Androids, and I know in those devices, there is a flash counter that is at 0 by default. If you flash a custom ROM on your phone, the number goes up, therefore voiding your warranty (this counter is one of many checks on your warranty).

So, essentially, if I purchase and use a DSTWO in my 3DS XL, and the 3DS one day malfunctions, could I send the 3DS to Nintendo for a warranty repair with no problems?

Thanks in advance.

2. Ryukouki

Ryukouki See you later, guys.

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    You'll be fine. If they were trackable a lot of us would be screwed by now. ;)

3. Suicide

Suicide 'Nuff said...

Newcomer
    Apr 21, 2010
    United States
    I do notice, however, those who flash carts that StreetPass (or in this case HomePass) show the game they are playing as Alex Rider. That usually gives me a chuckle.;)

user64 and lexarvn like this.
  4. Nintendian
    OP

Nintendian Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2013
    United States
    Hey, thanks guys. I appreciate the help. Glad to be a part of this forum.

5. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    That game is oddly popular.

6. Miss Lioness

Miss Lioness Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2013
    Netherlands

I wish though that we could customize this ourselves

7. user64

user64 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    Canada
    tendian
    Whenever I go to EB Games (Canadian Gamestop), I always play a retail cartridge before, as I StreetPass the employes there.
    It's one of a few exploitable games, therefore unfoutunately you wouldn't be able to set it to whatever you want.

Nintendian
    Welcome to the Temp! Try the homebrew, it's delicious!