Hacking Does the AK2/RPG rom trimmer work with non-DS roms?

Valdure

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or do I have to use a specialized trimmer for each type of rom? Just wondering because it would be a pain to have to hunt down and use multiple trimmers on the PC when the only reason I need to trim them is for the DS (PC emulators playing from zipped roms FTW!) so doing it straight from the DS would be perfect.

At the very least I'd like confirmation on whether or not it works for GBA roms since those would be the bulk of my non DS roms for my AK2. Thanks in advance!

Valdure

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already know about that, I was just wondering if I could do it straight from the DS as well. Plus I'd still need a seperate trimmer for NES GB and GBC games.

Holaitsme

10/10 would be loyal again
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Valdure said:
I already know about that, I was just wondering if I could do it straight from the DS as well. Plus I'd still need a seperate trimmer for NES GB and GBC games.
Nes !!they are like 40kbs and gb and gbc are like 1mb!!

and I don't thinks its possible to trim them in the ds.

Valdure

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holaitsme said:
Valdure said:
Nes !!they are like 40kbs and gb and gbc are like 1mb!!

and I don't thinks its possible to trim them in the ds.

Heh, what can I say I like to save space
smile.gif
. But oh well if it's not possible then it's not possible. Would've been nice to have my question answered from the beginning rather than NDSTokyoTrim thrown at me though.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
the built in trimmer with AKAIO will trim .nds file types on a cut/copy/paste if the right option is set. you can trim other rom types, but yes you would need a trimmer for those file types. i don't know of an all-in-1 trimmer for the pc.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k