Question Does Sys-ftpd work on 6.0?

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by Huntereb, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Huntereb
    OP

Huntereb GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 1, 2013
    United States
    I'm not sure if anyone has given it a try on 6.0, but I have not been able to ftp into my device running sys-ftpd after updating to 6.0. Other than this, the update has gone very smoothly and I've had close to no issues.

EDIT: It turned out to be an issue with my home network, it appears to function perfectly fine.

Last edited by Huntereb, Sep 20, 2018
  2. Huntereb
    OP

Huntereb GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 1, 2013
    United States
    Has no one else given it an attempt? I figured this functionality was well accepted and frequently used.

3. Memoir

Memoir Just a Memory

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Somewhere, over there!
    I'd like to answer, but I'm waiting for the next ReiNX update. On stock 6.0.

4. Huntereb
    OP

Huntereb GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 1, 2013
    United States
    I can answer it myself. Turns out my router needed a reset apparently, it was causing any devices on wlan to not be able to interact with other devices on wlan. Now it works just fine... That's the second thing I thought was a glitch with 6.0 that turned out to just be my own infrastructure falling apart at the seams.

Ch- Cheers... :shy:

Draxzelex and Memoir like this.
  5. zenamez

zenamez GBAtemp Fan

Sep 7, 2016
    I'd guess yes as nothing has changed which would affect it. It's still crashes the Switch for me (with an exFat card) if I try and move any files to or from the SD card (regardless of the size) but that's been a problem since 5.x.

6. ole

ole Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2015
    Norway
    Im using the regular ftpd from the Switch appstore on Reinx 6.0.0.

However I have gotten some freeses of my switch, when transferring from filezilla client, particallary the file fbalpha.nro from here https://git.m4xw.net/Switch/RetroArch/RetroArch/wikis/Cores seems to make it crash every time. Error Code: 2345-0021
    To bad its doesnt seems like its possible to post issues over at the github site for ftpd.

Last edited by ole, Sep 28, 2018
  7. Huntereb
    OP

Huntereb GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 1, 2013
    United States
    That's incredibly outdated for one thing. You're better off using sys-ftpd, and if you don't want a public ftp server open on your Switch at all times, just set up an alternative boot entry in Hekate for it.

8. nmkd

nmkd GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 25, 2016
    Germany
    My Switch bootloops with sys-ftpd on ReiNX 6.0 :/

EDIT: This is because of a conflict with sys-netcheat, it works after disabling the sys-netcheat.kip.

Last edited by nmkd, Oct 23, 2018
  9. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    It cause Atmosphere to crash on 1.0.0

10. JinTrigger

JinTrigger Asentrix Studios

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    ICS
    I guess it is a similar conflict with xor-play. Had to disable one or the other or I was stuck at the Nintendo Switch logo on boot.

11. DIDI2002

DIDI2002 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2018
    Germany
    I'm using a self-compiled sys-ftpd (jakibaki/sys-ftpd) on 6.0.1 with ReiNX and it works fine. Didn't get a crash while transferring a lot of files both ways.

asdf123 likes this.