Homebrew Question Does Sys-ftpd work on 6.0?

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if anyone has given it a try on 6.0, but I have not been able to ftp into my device running sys-ftpd after updating to 6.0. Other than this, the update has gone very smoothly and I've had close to no issues.

EDIT: It turned out to be an issue with my home network, it appears to function perfectly fine.

Last edited by Huntereb,

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to answer, but I'm waiting for the next ReiNX update. On stock 6.0.
I can answer it myself. Turns out my router needed a reset apparently, it was causing any devices on wlan to not be able to interact with other devices on wlan. Now it works just fine... That's the second thing I thought was a glitch with 6.0 that turned out to just be my own infrastructure falling apart at the seams.

Ch- Cheers... :shy:

Flying Scotsman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd guess yes as nothing has changed which would affect it. It's still crashes the Switch for me (with an exFat card) if I try and move any files to or from the SD card (regardless of the size) but that's been a problem since 5.x.

ole

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Im using the regular ftpd from the Switch appstore on Reinx 6.0.0.

However I have gotten some freeses of my switch, when transferring from filezilla client, particallary the file fbalpha.nro from here https://git.m4xw.net/Switch/RetroArch/RetroArch/wikis/Cores seems to make it crash every time. Error Code: 2345-0021
To bad its doesnt seems like its possible to post issues over at the github site for ftpd.

Last edited by ole,

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Im using the regular ftpd from the Switch appstore on Reinx 6.0.0. It works when I use the ftp client on my android phone. But when using filezilla on my computer it freezes the entire switch when trying to transfer a file. Error Code: 2345-0021
To bad its doesnt seems like its possible to post issues over at the github site for ftpd.
That's incredibly outdated for one thing. You're better off using sys-ftpd, and if you don't want a public ftp server open on your Switch at all times, just set up an alternative boot entry in Hekate for it.

nmkd

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My Switch bootloops with sys-ftpd on ReiNX 6.0 :/

EDIT: This is because of a conflict with sys-netcheat, it works after disabling the sys-netcheat.kip.

Last edited by nmkd,

JinTrigger

Asentrix Studios
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Switch bootloops with sys-ftpd on ReiNX 6.0 :/

EDIT: This is because of a conflict with sys-netcheat, it works after disabling the sys-netcheat.kip.

I guess it is a similar conflict with xor-play. Had to disable one or the other or I was stuck at the Nintendo Switch logo on boot.

DIDI2002

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm using a self-compiled sys-ftpd (jakibaki/sys-ftpd) on 6.0.1 with ReiNX and it works fine. Didn't get a crash while transferring a lot of files both ways.

Reactions: asdf123

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Same Operator: Hello I am the operating supervisor
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "I am opening a ticket for you with our tech support team." Which is also me.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    And you will too, Sickly :teach:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    See if you still want to be a manager after reading that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    And writing 50 performance reviews.
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    This ticket is a good front row seat to top selling artist go fuck yourself I don't care about your problem.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Lol Veho you should hear some of the conversations I had to have as a supervisor in security.... Jesus Christ it's like give people a gun and common sense goes out the window.
    "Yeah please don't play with your gun your hand shouldn't even touch it unless you have an actual situation..."
    People feel slightly unsafe when you hold the handle while your talking to them.... I know it's shocking.
    Avoid terms like honey or babe, also could you not frisk ladies wearing spandex while using those terms... It would really help me out and you can keep your job...
    Also dumping a gallon of cologne on... It's not replacement for a shower...
    The twenty minute bathroom breaks, can you maybe speed them up a bit?
    Can you please not comment on personal items found in bags? Like huge dildos and yeast cream might not be up for public discussion?
    I could go on all day on the stuff I have had to correct people on.
    Things that really should never have been discussed at all.
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Our assis was like that go out smoke a cigarette put on a cologne at least it was better then his dumb ass nephew that would come in smelling
    like weed after lunch
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Are you part of the group?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ask the group starter.
  • CompSciOrBust @ CompSciOrBust:
    Oh I'm not, thank you.
  • pyorin tempBOT:
    pyorin has left the room.
    kenenthk @ kenenthk: https://youtu.be/xYCojV7BWIc