Does stargate3ds support real time save in DS mode?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Tom-B, Sep 11, 2019 at 1:17 PM.

1. Tom-B
    OP

Tom-B Member

Newcomer
    Sep 5, 2019
    United Kingdom
    I'm looking for a flashcart to play DS games with cheats and real time save. The DSTwo looked like the best option but it's out of stock everywhere. I was offered a Stargate at the same price but don't know whether it supports Real Time Save or not.

Can anyone confirm whether it has real time save?
    Thanks

2. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    https://nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=575

3. BaamAlex

BaamAlex (*(vu64 *)0x1FF81100)

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    Stargate is overpriced.

4. Tom-B
    OP

Tom-B Member

Newcomer
    Sep 5, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Yeah, I bought a DSTwo from r43ds.org to play DS roms with slowmo, cheats and real time save but they have sold out and offered me a Stargate for the same price so I was wondering if it had the same features.

5. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
  6. Ryccardo

Ryccardo and his tropane alkaloids

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Not directly useful but you'd better know what you're asking for - trying to snapshot a running system from the inside (with not all the state being readable back from the hardware in the first place) is not going to give you results of comparable performance, quality, or compatibility to doing it from the outside (ie with an emulator/VM/etc)

7. Tom-B
    OP

Tom-B Member

Newcomer
    Sep 5, 2019
    United Kingdom
    It worked with my old Cyclopsds (don't have it any more unfortunately) and reportedly works fine in DSTwo so I don't think it's impossibly difficult to implement.