Does R4 deletes DS Profile exploit?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Ratier, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Ratier
    OP

Ratier Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2015
    Brazil
    • Hi! I'm thinking about installing rxtools on my 3ds xl 4.3U and acesso emunand via DS Profile exploit. When using gateway, IF you load any NDS ROM via blue card after the DS profile exploit is installed, the DS erases it (emunand untouched in the SD card and problemas is easely fixed by reinstalling via blue card the exploit and booting gateway mode again). But since i'm not talking about gateway emunand , i'm wondering if the same would happen if I load a NDS ROM in a R4 card. Would it eresa rxtools DS profile exploit as well? Wich NDS only Flashcards I can use in order to play NDS ROMs without deleting the exploit?

2. Tomy Sakazaki

Tomy Sakazaki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 23, 2006
    Brazil
    Actually there's no way. Every time you boot DS mode by running any DS cartridge or flashcard the DS Profile will be reset to default values.
    If you play a lot with DS games you will be better served by launching rxTools through an spider/web browser based exploit.

3. Ratier
    OP

Ratier Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2015
    Brazil
    Is there a way then to reinstall DS profile exploit for rxtools offline? Because with gateway I can sacrifice it to play NDS roms and without internet connection reinstall it to play 3ds roms só it is not a problem to lose the exploit. IF I could launch NDS ROMs in a R4 and reintall the DS profile exploit without internet connection safely it would work fine for me because I could play both NDS ans 3ds ROMs anywhere, in places with or without wi-fi

4. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United States
    Bullet Hell
    Use the rxinstaller.nds - I just leave it on my Acekard2i and reapply it everytime I use the ds flashcart.

5. Tomy Sakazaki

Tomy Sakazaki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 23, 2006
    Brazil
    You can reinstall the exploit with any DS flashcard that works with your 3DS.
    I actually use SuperCard DS Two to play DS Roms and reapply the exploit, I've stored my gateway bluecards into a drawer since I have no use for them :P

6. Ratier
    OP

Ratier Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2015
    Brazil
    Since I have a fake gateway but with a working blue card i decided to do what you guys suggested and i couldn't find it more healpful. Thanks a lot!