Does loadiine support playing normal wii backups? Gamecube support?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Gadd, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Gadd
    OP

Gadd GBAtemp Regular

Jan 18, 2017
    United States
    I read the sticky thread for loadiine, but it doesn't seem to mention if loadiine works for playing backups of normal wii games. I'm trying to digitize my games so I don't have to swap discs all the time.

Also, my understanding is the gamecube and wii were pretty close hardware wise, and the wii system did run gamecube games. Is there an emu or hack program that allows you to play gamecube discs? gamecube backups? Just curious, thanks for your time.

2. x65943

x65943 Resident Greekaboo, Amateur Dog Father

Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Indiana
    Loadiine does not run wii games. You need a wii backup loader for wii games (usb loadergx or wiiflow) and nintendont for gamecube games.

The wiiu can't read gamecube discs, but you can play backups.

Gadd likes this.
  3. Gadd
    OP

Gadd GBAtemp Regular

Jan 18, 2017
    United States
    thanks x65, very helpful!

x65943 likes this.
  4. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    There are a handful of Wii games for download on the eshop. Those can be installed to Wii U main menu by using "the brazilian method".

Gadd and x65943 like this.
  5. wolf-snake

wolf-snake GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 5, 2009
    Mexico
    You know if the Loadiine Sticky Thread didn't mentioned anything about Wii and Gamecube backups... Well it might be because it does not support them. And as Kafluke said, there's a handful of Wii games that can be installed via the Brazilian/CFW method. you can install the best of the best that the Wii has to offer. As for gamecube? the only way is to run them via Nintendon't through the vWii menu.

6. Gadd
    OP

Gadd GBAtemp Regular

Jan 18, 2017
    United States
    thanks for repeating what x65 and Kafluke said, it didn't quite sink in the first time, but now I'm good.

x65943 likes this.
  7. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Lol how is it the best of the best that the Wii has to offer?? the eshop is missing so many great games where is last story or Mario Kart wii or red steal 1 and 2 or muramasa or Tatsunoko vs. Capcom or silent hill on the eShop then?? All of them are as good if not better than your so called best of the best.

Last edited by Marko76, Jan 18, 2017
  8. wolf-snake

Feb 5, 2009
    Mexico
    Yeah Mario Kart Wii is kinda useless without online, its a shame it isn't there but what can it be done about it. Red Steel 1 is garbage, 2 is just a Motion Plus Demo and works better on Sin and Punishment 2 which is on the VC, Muramasa? meh, Tatsunoko? i rather play vanilla Street Fighter 2, Silent Hill? good game if it had any other input method other than the god damn wiimote and nunchuck, When i have more fun playing Other M with a Wiimote than Silent Hill you know someone in the development department fucked up.

9. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    only in your head is silent hill fucked up the wii version is considered by most people as the second best game in the franchise and other M is considered by most to be awful and the worst game in the metro I'd franchise by quite some way. Tatsunoko is also considered as a classic. Mario Kart wii has lost nothing by not having online. But let's look at your best of the best are you honestly saying stuff like kirby epic yarn is the best of the best that Wario Land shake it off or whatever it's called is the best of the best that punch out wii is the best that the Wii has to offer and so on only about 4 wii games on the eShop got voted in the top 25 wii games of all time yet it's the best of the best seriously.

Last edited by Marko76, Jan 18, 2017
  10. x65943

x65943 Resident Greekaboo, Amateur Dog Father

Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Indiana
    You guys should argue in PM instead of spamming OP's thread.

Marko76 likes this.
  11. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    very true sorry everyone but his false claims about the best of the best got me a little worked up. Anyway let's get this thread back on track.

x65943 likes this.
  12. wolf-snake

Feb 5, 2009
    Mexico
    Wait wait wait wait. Whats wrong with Punch out, Epic Yarn and Wario Land Shake it?

13. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    quite simply they are not the best of the best of games on the Wii. But once again we need to get the thread back on track.

14. wolf-snake

Feb 5, 2009
    Mexico
    Ok let's just say we are both wrong and drop this right away.