Does Genesis Plus GX not support 32X?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by HeavyMetalLoser, May 1, 2017.

1. HeavyMetalLoser
    OP

HeavyMetalLoser Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2016
    United States
    There's no option to load 32X games, and when I try to load one with any of the other options I just get an error message. Does it not support 32x games or am I just stupid?

On a related note, is there a way to separate my roms so that, for example, it doesn't show Master System games when I select "Load Genesis game" and vise versa?

2. cebolleto

cebolleto GBAtemp Regular

Mar 5, 2010
    No, it doesn't support 32x

3. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    It doesn't support sega 32x games and supposedly the wii can't handle sega 32x emulation in general.
    If you want a somewhat easy to hack console that can emulate sega 32x games then the original xbox can play them.
    As for the 2nd question, i think i never had that issue becuase i separate my roms in folders based on systems.

4. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    xbox can play them but most 32x games that use "3d" like graphics run like ass unfortunely so up to now i dont think any console has a fully working 32x support, i mean only32x sprite games work fullspeed.

cvskid likes this.
  5. azzarod

azzarod Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2017
    Out of curiosity, is there a specific game that is a "must-play" for 32X, or are you just after a complete set of retro-SEGA games?

6. HeavyMetalLoser
    OP

HeavyMetalLoser Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2016
    United States
    After Burner Complete, Knuckles' Chaotix, Space Harrier, and Virtua Racing Deluxe are the ones I tried to play.