Hacking Does gateway card work on 2DS?

iloveindia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I'm planning on buying a gateway card, but i have not seen many posts confirming that it works on 2ds, mine is on 9.2 US firmware, even on the gateway site it is written that it works on 3ds and xl, just want to get your opinion if you have a 2ds and used an gateway card on it, thanks for the help guys!

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
There are reports of not being able to boot Gateway mode because the red card is not recognized, even though it is firmly in the Game card slot.
It takes a few tries I read, and some were kicked out of their games mid-play because it says the red card was ejected.
Work around: Use .CIA

nyder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 2DS & Gateway is working great. Some peoples aren't. Not sure why, probably will be fixable with a software update, but it's possible it's a hardware problem. So, basically, it's a crap shoot.

iloveindia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
My 2DS & Gateway is working great. Some peoples aren't. Not sure why, probably will be fixable with a software update, but it's possible it's a hardware problem. So, basically, it's a crap shoot.
what region system you have and on what firmware?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
worth noting though its either gateway or sky3ds for the 2DS.....i think most people worked around the 2DS gateway issues by using cia files which means the gateway card is only required to boot into gateway mode......other than that you can use the latest emunand, rom hacks and all the good stuff gateway allows and not be too badly effected if you happen to have one of the picky 2ds consoles,

wondering if maybe its down to a revision as some people seem to be able to use it perfectly fine and others have lots of issues
maybe 2DS users could share the start of their serial to see if its possibly down to revised consoles or something, something like
AEH 1543xxxxxx working fine
AEH 2946xxxxxx issues

might help people know if they will likely be ok or not(assuming there is any correlation between serials and people having issues)

nyder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
worth noting though its either gateway or sky3ds for the 2DS.....i think most people worked around the 2DS gateway issues by using cia files which means the gateway card is only required to boot into gateway mode......other than that you can use the latest emunand, rom hacks and all the good stuff gateway allows and not be too badly effected if you happen to have one of the picky 2ds consoles,

wondering if maybe its down to a revision as some people seem to be able to use it perfectly fine and others have lots of issues
maybe 2DS users could share the start of their serial to see if its possibly down to revised consoles or something, something like
AEH 1543xxxxxx working fine
AEH 2946xxxxxx issues

might help people know if they will likely be ok or not(assuming there is any correlation between serials and people having issues)

Where is the serial # at?

RobertLeoDavis

Trophies
XP
OK, so this is kinda weird but I have 2 2ds systems and they would load gateway mode off and on, but even when it did I kept getting read errors when trying to get the game list to come up. Just playing with it, I realized that I had to keep them tilted back at about a 40 degree angle real still to get it to read. Did that and installed devmenu and that works fine.

wbsddgg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
a number of fans holding 2ds? Even more than new3ds ?

Well, sad story, GW gonna support 2DS ratherthan New3ds.

..................dont want a bark...

nyder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you mean the 2DS serial? I really think the model of the 2DS doesn't have a bearing on this, but I can be wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all