Does factory reset remove firmware upgrades ?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by XeR ッ, Aug 10, 2015.

1. XeR ッ
    OP

XeR ッ Not sure if i still wanna be here.

Aug 6, 2015
    France
    SECREEEEEEET
    All is in the title

2. tj_cool

tj_cool Site dev

Supervisor
    Jan 7, 2009
    Belgium
    This planet
    It does not.

3. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    factory reset = set the system back to the way is was when it left the factory, but the FW will still be the same as it was when you did factory reset

on 9.2 factory reset it will still be 9.2
    on 9.9 factory reset it will still be 9.9

factory reset will NOT downgrade
    factory reset just set everything back to the default setting, powered on after a factory reset, it will be like when you 1st turn on the system

4. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    Bullet Hell
    I was going to ask a similar thing - but would like to clarify; if there are pending updates awaiting installation, and you do a factory reset, do those pending updates get applied or deleted?

5. d0k3

d0k3 3DS Homebrew Legend

Dec 3, 2004
    Gambia, The
    As far as I know, they get applied. Don't take my word for it, though. Just remove the pending updates via recovery mode (check my signature, it's in the 'How to prevent SysNAND updates' guide) first.

duwen likes this.
  6. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    Bullet Hell
    Thanks.

I'm getting ahead of myself: my old 3ds had to update when I sys transfered to my new 3dsxl, and I'm looking at trading my old 3ds in for one on a lower firmware... kind of presumed that when I do the 3ds I get will have a pending update, and just wanted to make sure that I don't make the whole exercise pointless by inadvertently updating before I get the chance to install a CFW.