Hacking Question Does autoRCM cause severe batteey drain?

ComicMaster148

Angry Blackman, and amaetur game collector
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ever since I turned on auto RCM recently feel like my batteryd faster and my switch barely charges past 30% is this because of auto RCM or is it just my switch?

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
I don't really notice much difference with autorcm on and off. However I notice using sx os eats up more battery on restmode vs atmos on restmode.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
while you are in Horizon, or any other places (linux, android, game, etc.), having auto-RCM doesn't have any effect on the battery.
autoRCM is a change and alteration of the boot code to force the console to boot into recovery mode thinking the console is bricked.

If you are in ReCovery Mode (RCM, No video at boot which looks like it's still shutdown, but it's in Recovery), then the program managing the battery's power is not launched yet (it's part of Horizon OS) and therefore doesn't regulate power when not in use. being into RCM (not the same as having AutoRCM!) drain battery all the time instead of making it go to low consumption mode like when the console is in sleep mode.

When you shutdown the console, it doesn't shutdown but reboot.
the boot payload program is responsible for shutting down your console or booting horizon.

(re)Boot > RCM > payload > Shutdown or boot horizon ? -> Horizon -> game/sleep/reboot/reboot to shudown

atmosphere now properly shutdown the console when you choose shutdown and doesn't get stuck into RCM waiting for a payload from your computer/phone/chipset.
If you don't use Atmosphère, run hekate payload again and shoot "shutdown" from its menu.
BUT ATTENTION ! if you plug the USB after shutdown, the console will automatically boot again, and you'll be back into (invisible) RCM, draining your battery if you don't keep it powered.

if you want to charge your console while it's shutdown without going into RCM, plug it to the dock BEFORE shutting down.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: Bergot

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night