Does anyone know the difference between the Neo Flash XG2 models?

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by NintendoGuy128, Jul 30, 2014.

1. NintendoGuy128
    OP

NintendoGuy128 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2012
    New Zealand
    Auckland
    Hi I was wondering if you guys know the difference between the different XG2 models for GBA, such as the XG2Turbo and the XG2Pro, as I am willing to purchase one.

On another note, does anyone know if this site is trustworthy?

https://www.ic2005.com/shop/home.php

Thanks in advance.

2. Sinsa234

Sinsa234 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2013
    United States
  3. NintendoGuy128
    OP

NintendoGuy128 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2012
    New Zealand
    Auckland
    Okay cool, thanks bro, but they seem a little sketchy, could you suggest an alternative with RTC support?
    I already have an EZ Flash IV for most games.

4. Sinsa234

Sinsa234 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2013
    United States
    Only three options i can see. You can try to hunt down an M3 Perfect, which has RTC compatibility, but is getting increasingly harder to find, or buy at all. Or, you could take the risk and buy the XG2Turbo for the RTC. But the easiest way out would probably be just dealing with it. I don't really have a need for RTC support, so I use a 3in1, but that's just me.

5. thaddius

thaddius Charmander is not pleased.

May 5, 2008
    Canada
    I own an XGFlash2Turbo - one of the models before they gave you the easy access to the battery... - and I can tell you these things are not great. You have the ability to back up your saves onto the cart, which is nice, but if the battery didn't die so quickly that probably wouldn't be an issue. The USB drivers only work on Windows XP as well, but that's par for the course on these things.

6. NintendoGuy128
    OP

NintendoGuy128 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2012
    New Zealand
    Auckland
    Believe me man, I would kill for an M3 Perfect, any help on finding one would be appreciated.

Oh, considering the high price then, I probably won't get one an XG2. I hope Krikzz makes a GBA Flashcart with RTC.

7. SuperAtsura

SuperAtsura Newbie

Newcomer
    May 1, 2009
    United States
    Is there any news or rumor or reports about that? I've been curious to find out if he does intend to, or is planning to, make one.

8. www.flashlinker-

www.flashlinker- Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2006
    Gambia, The
    There were different types of XG cards on the market and it was very difficult to sort out what kind of software can be used for each model and how they work...some of them: XG2 Flash lite, XG2 Turbo, XG2 Turbo Plus 2005 with usb cable or usb-slim loader....or external writer, recognised as sio bridge processor and/or sio bridge processor 2 but with another type of coloured external writer...etc. in my oppinion you should chose any other card...but not xg card.....different types of software: http://www.rbenda.de/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=410