Hacking Does an R4 card with search function exist?

Pizzabroodje

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've been selling R4 cards but been getting the request to put quite a few different games on it.

So I thought: why not offer an option with a 128gb or 256gb micro SD card (have to see how big would be needed) with ALL games on it.

The problem is it would be very annoying to scroll to the entire list of games to find the one you want to play. Is there any R4 card that can search through games?

Alternatively I could tell people to move the games they want to play to another folder but that wouldn't be optimal. I've learned that it's best if the customers don't touch the files as they tend to mess things up when they do.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah that is out and piracy. Probably want to avoid that one. Also many things get very slow to simply scroll in that sort of scenario as the little 66MHz ARM9 with a few megs of RAM is not really built for that, and neither are the hacked together SD reading algorithms and flash cart processing powers.

Also no, never seen such a thing on any DS flash cart. Some homebrew might have it but won't readily launch DS ROMs afterwards. Anybody that wants that sort of thing usually arranges their own games into folders (good games for playing, games for the kids, everything else), numbers things to appear at the start of lists (assuming it works that way and not using serials) or otherwise just picks their own.

Reactions: Nikokaro

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
why not offer an option with a 128gb or 256gb micro SD card (have to see how big would be needed) with ALL games on it.
So do the newer r4s support microSDs of such large sizes, without any problems being encountered? Never heard of such a thing. Maybe I'm not up to date on the subject, but...:unsure:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM