431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I watch doctor who! Sometimes. It lives on my Hard Disk and I watch it on there! Really nice series I must say!

It's "all" on my hard drive. Every once in awhile I like to watch a classic episode.

I'll download the newest episode before its on BBC America and watch it a few hours before it premiers and then watch it again on BBCA.

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm pretty sure that the Ponds departure is while going to be sad since they are leaving and at the same time going to be a "happy ending" of sorts.
Am I the only one who is a little happy about this?

I mean I didn't really like them companion wise compared to Donna and while the new doctor can grow on you although I still prefer the 10th more but I do like the 11th more than the 9th, I find the companions were more hit and miss this time

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
No, i wouldnt say your the only one. I think it's high time for them to move on, but its still going to be sad to see them finally leave
True. Still unfortunately I wasn't able to like the Ponds more otherwise I would be a little more sad when they leave I mean when Donna left to me was horrible cause I felt she really fit well traveling with the Doctor but with the Ponds I mean it feels more of them just being there to keep him company instead of really being his friend.

Not saying Donna was better as a companion but it just that the Ponds wasn't that interesting to me.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I find myself completely unable to watch Season 1 of the revived series. Christopher Eccleston feels a little bit "wooden" to me, I didn't watch much of that season... perhaps one day I'll have one more look at it.

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
I find myself completely unable to watch Season 1 of the revived series. Christopher Eccleston feels a little bit "wooden" to me, I didn't watch much of that season... perhaps one day I'll have one more look at it.
Well it did have a short number of episodes so maybe he didn't have a chance to ease into the character yet.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

I actually liked Eccleston and wish he would have stuck with the part for at least a second series. One was just not enough for him to make the character his own.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What exactly happened to Rose, when she saw the Tardis' core? What were those powers, and how exactly did she survive? My listening skills aren't the best unfortunately, so yeah, what exactly did the conversation at the end reveal?
She absorbed the Time Vortex which basically meant she could do whatever she wanted, she survived because the Doctor then absorbed it from her (saving her life), and instead of dying (as he "should" have done after absorbing the Vortex), he regenerated, "tricking" death.

Reactions: 1 person

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm pretty sure that the Ponds departure is while going to be sad since they are leaving and at the same time going to be a "happy ending" of sorts.
What's sad is that Matt Smith pretty much confirmed he'll be leaving the series after the 2012/2013 season.

http://www.tgdaily.c...ving-doctor-who

This pretty much means that the current Doctor is going to die by the end of this season and it will mark his 11th regeneration (12th incarnation).
No he didn't.

There was one tabloid last month that reported so, but it's entirely false, misquoted, and he has no plans to quit yet.

(Also, not only is that story invalid, it's from last October)

You need better sources.

Reactions: 1 person

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Been rewatching from series 1 and honestly looking back I kinda miss the darker personality doctor. Matt is good but his doctor seems a little too goofy and it was really downplaying the last of the time lords thing when compared to 9th and 10th.

ProtoKun7

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can't always be gloomy, plus it's been 300 years since all of that.

Also, darker personality aspects are present in episodes 2 and 3 of series 7. Have you got to that point yet?

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Can't always be gloomy, plus it's been 300 years since all of that.

Also, darker personality aspects are present in episodes 2 and 3 of series 7. Have you got to that point yet?
I seen all of them, just rewatching for the fun of it :)

I'm not expecting him to be gloomy but he is more goofy than before which I found a little out of place seeing as he just said goodbye to Rose and was sad just before regenerating and then the next time you see him he is happy and joyful then settling on goofy a few episodes later. While series 7 got darker he was a little more series but overall he seemed to be largely unaffected by this seeing how he is in episode 4 but this might just be me though. I consider 9 and 10 to be more fun and adventure seeking but not goofy as they are usually quite serious but with a smile while 11 tends to try and be goofy all the time.

ProtoKun7

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Mercurial attitudes. You can experience all sorts of emotional pain and manage to outwardly appear fine.

Once a regeneration sets in and it changes your personality, you can change your emotions very quickly. Every incarnation behaves differently.

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mercurial attitudes. You can experience all sorts of emotional pain and manage to outwardly appear fine.

Once a regeneration sets in and it changes your personality, you can change your emotions very quickly. Every incarnation behaves differently.
I know but I do miss the more serious doctor. Hopefully things change when the Ponds leave and I'm kinda hoping the new companion will be awesome and not Amy-like otherwise it'll be a letdown.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I know but I do miss the more serious doctor. Hopefully things change when the Ponds leave and I'm kinda hoping the new companion will be awesome and not Amy-like otherwise it'll be a letdown.
He always seems much darker and more serious when Amy and Rory aren't about, so I'd say it's likely he'll be that way when they are gone for good. Although I personally quite like Smith's more lively portrayal of the Doctor. But it does need to be balanced with a bit of seriousness every now and again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.