Doctor Who?

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
L-Lawliet said:
There are rumours about a Dr Who film (starring David Tennant) being announced soon, or maybe it's been announced and I'm being stupid. Either way it would be interesting to see what they do about it.
A spokeswoman for BBC Films confirmed that "a script is in development," the BBC reported in a story about David Tennant's upcoming guest appearance as the Time Lord in the Doctor Who spinoff series The Sarah Jane Adventures.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/05/a-doctor-who-movies-is-in.php

The news came out before DT died so I doubt it.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Man18 said:
@noobs who may post: The Tenth Doctor died/regenerated; David Tennant himself is not dead, so don't ask, alright?

And that article is news to me.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ProtoKun7 said:
ain.
What I like about the 1996 film is that it was a hit in the UK, while Americans weren't fans (I'd like to think they couldn't understand it
smileipb2.png
)

And I think I read that the film isn't even available in North America
rolleyes.gif
It was actually shown a week before in the US & Canada and 'cos it didn't do well there they didn't bother to make a series, which worked out for the best in the end to be honest. I know the DVD release never made it but its no great loss really, just your typical TV movie.

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Man18 said:
L-Lawliet said:
There are rumours about a Dr Who film (starring David Tennant) being announced soon, or maybe it's been announced and I'm being stupid. Either way it would be interesting to see what they do about it.
A spokeswoman for BBC Films confirmed that "a script is in development," the BBC reported in a story about David Tennant's upcoming guest appearance as the Time Lord in the Doctor Who spinoff series The Sarah Jane Adventures.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/05/a-doctor-who-movies-is-in.php

He has already been in the Sarah Jane Adventures... it was on ages ago between last years specials back in June.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
spinal_cord said:
Remember guys, there is allways the possibility the Tennant could return, as Roses 'human' Dr, he's still alive isn't he?
Good point there - but don't forget the 'rift'/'rip' (whatever it was called) is supposed to be closed now, although thinking about how the timelords were 'lost' & not dead, & how they managed to get 'the four doctors' together way back - anything is possible (perhaps 'End of time' caused a new 'rift' when Galafrey got pulled through ???)

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, finally saw this. Stunning two-parter. Touching at the end too... yup, i got misty eyed a couple of times. This is not a forum of judgement.
tongue.gif

And, i'm hella interested in seeing the new Doc in action.

PS, did anyone else think "Toni" when he started "feeling himself" to make sure everything was right on his body. I dunno, maybe i just have an obsession.
hrth.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WildWon said:
PS, did anyone else think "Toni" when he started "feeling himself" to make sure everything was right on his body. I dunno, maybe i just have an obsession.
hrth.gif
I always think of Toni when I see guys touch themselves.

Toni for 12th Doctor campaign starts here!

GoldenTalesGeek

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I thought it was an excellent 2-parter. I was ecstatic that they brought the Master back. Like probably most of you, I expected that Lucy Saxon would've played a part in resurrecting him, but RTD completely subverted that by having her be the one to sabotage his resurrection, for which I'm really glad. I'm also glad that the Tenth Doctor's demise is not something big and explosive, but something simple and benign as saving Wilf's life.

I also like that RTD portrayed the Time Lords as a corrupt society, because I kinda got the feeling that they were heading down that road when I first saw the classic Tom Baker episode Genesis of the Daleks. They pluck the Doctor out of time simply to send him on a mission to try to prevent the creation of the Daleks, or at the very least try to make them evolve into a less aggressive species. But what gave me the feeling that corruption was evident in the Time Lord society was the fact that if the Doctor failed the mission, they would bear no responsibility for his actions as he's a renegade Time Lord to begin with.

I didn't find the ending of Part Two where the Tenth Doctor says goodbye to all his companions by showing up at critical points in their life to be overblown in any way. In fact, I thought it was a nice little touch that brings RTD's era of Doctor Who full circle so that Steven Moffat has a clean slate during his time as showrunner and head writer. David Tennant was my Doctor, but I'm more than willing to give Matt Smith a chance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone