?
  1. Yes

56.9%
  2. No

43.1%
  3. 65 voter(s)
  1. Jokey_Carrot

OP Jokey_Carrot G̶B̶A̶T̶e̶m̶p̶ ̶A̶d̶d̶i̶c̶t̶ Heroin Addict.

United Kingdom
    Wanted to see how many people have had joycons break on them. Please vote even if your joycons still work fine or you have issues other than drift.

2. TheCasualties

TheCasualties Just trying to be helpful

Netherlands
    Yes mine still work but the Y button is weird now. After pressing it, even the slightest movement up will make it think i'm not pressing it anymore. So I have to keep pressing pretty hard if I need to hold it.

Plus the usual drift on all of them, but that's been manageable with spray so far.

And the issue of the dock sometimes not receiving the joycon input if I'm more than 6 feet away.

Last edited by TheCasualties, Jul 29, 2020
  3. nyder

nyder GBAtemp Fan

United States
    My left joy con had issues with drift, which then ended up with the left bumper and - not working. But I think I fixed the drift.

Actually got on here to find recommendations for a handheld mode only joy con replacement.

4. TheCasualties

TheCasualties Just trying to be helpful

Netherlands
    The hori d-pad left joycon is pretty good. Handheld only of course. Same joystick as regular joycons though so It'll drift eventually too. I don't even notice the lack of rumble in it because the right joycon's rumble is enough for the whole console.

The Hori split pro-con is quite nice with full sized joysticks, been using it for a while. But if you want gyro and rumble to work you need to use 1 normal joycon and 1 split-con. When I want gyro aiming I use a regular left and the split-pro on the right for the better aiming joystick, but that might not be the best solution for your situation.

Last edited by TheCasualties, Jul 29, 2020
  5. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

My Joycons still Work perfectly! :switch::yayswitch:

6. nyder

nyder GBAtemp Fan

United States

Okay, thanks for the info. Don't over care about rumble or gyro really. Plus my right joy con will still be working (fingers crossed) with it. I don't game on the go that much so what games I can play doesn't overly matter.

7. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    Launch Switch, both JoyCons still work. I had some trouble with the left stick though, the movement was "sticky", when I pressed all the way to the left for example it would sometimes take a second to register a full press, I was using it handheld so it wasn't a wireless connectivity issue.
    That has gone away after I sprayed some IPA into the stick, but now that problems have begun I'm sure it will be drifting soon.
    I don't play the Switch that often compared to many, always treated it with care and don't use force when playing, and usually prefer using the Pro Controller, or I probably would have experienced issues much sooner.
    My cousin, who plays his Switch a lot, started experiencing drifting within 6 months-1 year, got it repaired, and it started drifting again several months later.
    My other cousin (his younger brother) got a Switch Lite 9 months ago, and is just now starting to get drifting as well.
    My brother on the other hand who has had his Switch for a couple of years doesn't seem to have it yet. He also has a PS4 and plays on that, the Switch mostly gets used for exclusives (mainly 1st party games) so I guess he plays his Switch about as much as I play mine.
    It really seems like it's guaranteed to happen to everyone, it's just a matter of how much use it gets (or in other words how much wear), and younger kids tend to be rougher with things, so will likely experience drifting sooner.

8. comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    joycons are the worst controllers ever made. they all drift to a degree and the locking mechanism breaks easily

9. smileyhead

smileyhead I like cute stuff.

Hungary
    Mine have always had connection problems when they are too close together -- because of this, I don't use the grip at all. They work fine when I hold them apart enough or when connected to the console.

10. Armadillo

Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Mine are fine, but they don't get much use. Most of the time I use a pro controller.

zoogie likes this.
  11. almmiron

almmiron GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    I've "solved" my drift problem with the pc software joycon toolkit

12. PiracyForTheMasses

PiracyForTheMasses GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have had mine since fall 2017, left analog has had drift since new, everything else is fine though

13. tomx86

tomx86 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Poland
    Had mine since 2017, the left one was drifting and disconnecting, but WD-40 and a metal lock fixed that, so for now they are working.

Last edited by tomx86, Jul 29, 2020
  14. theguyver

theguyver Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    had mine for a little over a year now. My right analogue cap came off and left drifts alot. Replaced both and also had to replace the left rail on the switch because it disconnects and reconnects a lot.

15. UsualNoise

UsualNoise GBAtemp Regular

United States
    My original Switch Joy-Cons lasted about a year and a half before the left one started drifting. Fortunately I started a custom shell Joy-Con Etsy store and replacing the joystick was simple for me. However, I still voted "No" since without that experience the controller would be useless.

16. IsaOfTheWorlds

IsaOfTheWorlds Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    They have conned me out of my joy.

17. pausuri

pausuri GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    My theory is if they still work.. that joy won't last forever

18. Winnppl

Winnppl Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Just repair them!

19. fst312

fst312 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Mine still work, I barely use them unless I play handheld mode, depending on the game. Most games I use my pro controllers.

20. Jokey_Carrot

OP Jokey_Carrot G̶B̶A̶T̶e̶m̶p̶ ̶A̶d̶d̶i̶c̶t̶ Heroin Addict.

United Kingdom
    Th
    They're a pain in the ass. You've gotta remove like everything to get to the joystick and the ribbon connectors break really easily.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - joycons, still,