Do you use a password manager?

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
The problem with easy passwords is that if reused for multiple accounts a hacker won't have any issues accessing the content.

Sorry I thought you meant export, search for duplicated/compromised passwords and replace them with generated ones.

I'm just hoping our over-reliance on tech isn't misplaced.

Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

Things like passwords I think are better left to technology to generate and maintain given the necessary complexity, at least in my case.

Of course you still need to remember a relatively complex 'master password' and keep a secure offline backup/copy.

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also heard a lot of good things about BitWarden elsewhere.
Aside from being a great password manager, it has the ability to be a 2FA on Windows (Android has plenty of free options - I use 2FAS and it's excellent).

Upgrade your account to a premium membership and unlock some great additional features.

1 GB encrypted storage for file attachments.
Additional two-step login options such as YubiKey, FIDO U2F, and Duo.
Emergency Access
Password hygiene, account health, and data breach reports to keep your vault safe.
TOTP verification code (2FA) generator for logins in your vault.
Priority customer support.
All future premium features. More coming soon!
All for just $10.00 /year!

Surprised by how many features premium Bitwarden users get for only $10/yr because if it were LastPass, it'd cost a lot more.

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Naw naw naw. I don't need any password keepers. I remember them in my brain. And there they will stay locked, and untouched by these disgusting cyber pirates. :angry:

The only problem is, that I forgot the password to my brain. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A USB stick could be used to store passwords, but then again it's still relying on technology. I have no complaints towards Bitwarden so I'll remain a member of theirs.

I'll probably pay $10 just to show them support.

Baoulettes

The lonely man
Trophies
Website
www.baoulettes.fr
XP
Country
France
I do not use any service beside a generator, my memory is the password manager.
I write them on paper and hide it in a place only I have the key :)
(this is for bank account or my work stuff)
for games or other I just don't mind having paper next to my monitor or something (i just got used to write them so I kind of know it from memory :))

Reactions: AncientBoi

micp

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I use 1Password. I've been using it for years now. I have used things like LastPass and BitWarden when working at certain companies but they just seem a bit clunky in comparison.

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I paid $10 today to support Bitwarden and looking thru the health of my passwords, a bunch of 'em need to be updated.

Used to be 10 characters for a password, now 15. Yet, there's folks who reuse their same password and keep as basic as possible, but I'm not them and it concerns me since it's my accounts.

Lather

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
In fact, we can all create a set of our own passwords, but since there are no uniform rules for the format and length of passwords on websites, we have to use the password manager to manage all kinds of passwords.
I actually remember all the passwords I've used, and the only reason I use manager is to save the hassle of typing passwords out.
I use microsoft and google for me.

videogamefanatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bitwarden is great. I use KeePassXC combined with Resilio Sync now though. Keeps my passwords off of other people's servers without me needing to actually run my own bitwarden server.

idontgetit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't use any proprietary garbage being suggested.

Use Keepass Like me. A based, epic, king.

Attachments

• 1_yuyBDk98Ln4MwN10crVBGQ.jpeg
    1_yuyBDk98Ln4MwN10crVBGQ.jpeg
    108.8 KB · Views: 29

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I literally keep my passwords on a text document on an external hard drive. The only security risk would be my wife and she already knows most of my passwords anyways.
How many characters does your passwords have? I read the recommended amount is 15 while 10 is the minimum.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Green name in chat :ninja: