Do you think we will see third party Joycon?

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Noctosphere, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Noctosphere
    OP

Noctosphere Moon furries | Official follower of Skiddon't-ism

Dec 30, 2013
    Canada
    Between three furries women
    Here in Canada, they are 65$ for one or 100$ for 2, so I was wondering,
    do you think we will see third party joycon that will be cheaper?
    Remember that we saw that with the Wii and their Wiimotes
    I really hope there will be some, because i cant really afford them for such high price

2. B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N

B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N oh no

Jun 7, 2016
    United States
    Sixth Circle of Hell
    Sure, we'll get a third-party joycon with a turbo button and an analog stick that busts after three weeks.

Imacaredformy2ds likes this.
  3. SpiffyJUNIOR

SpiffyJUNIOR GBAtemp Regular

Apr 13, 2016
    United States
    US
    *lol*

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I have a gamecube controller for the wii u,still hasn't broken on me.
    EDIT:It's a HORI.

4. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    I have no idea what goes at this point, however I would not be surprised to see Nintendo take a leaf out of MS' playbook and block off unofficial offerings via a chip. This would then mean third parties could exist but either for hacked consoles (something I am not sure I have ever seen for a controller), should the chips be suitably reverse engineered, those deemed OK by Nintendo, those piggybacking off an existing controller (see all those adapters that see you have to plug a controller in anyway) or that take official controllers, take them apart and build on top of that a la the Evil Controllers.

Hopefully I am wrong and people are able to make their own like the wii or something but that might be more optimistic than I care to be at this point.