JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
First, let's get this out of the way. I smoke.

Next, I'd like to ask everyone to get off of their high-horses. You could fall.

I have no idea why I smoke. I started when I was 19. Why? I don't know. There was no stress or peer pressure. It was my choice.

Looking back, it was a rather silly choice and I would like to quit now but it's very difficult without support. Smoking is dumb. Yes it is. But think about this. How many out there are overweight? Be honest. Are you packing a bit of fat on yer belly? Really, I could argue that fat could kill you and you should quit eating so much. What is the difference between smoking and being overweight? Answer: Perception.

I don't need a reason to smoke nor should I have to explain it to anyone but does it make me any less of a person because I smoke?

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
JKR Firefox said:
First, let's get this out of the way. I smoke.

Next, I'd like to ask everyone to get off of their high-horses. You could fall.

I have no idea why I smoke. I started when I was 19. Why? I don't know. There was no stress or peer pressure. It was my choice.

Looking back, it was a rather silly choice and I would like to quit now but it's very difficult without support. Smoking is dumb. Yes it is. But think about this. How many out there are overweight? Be honest. Are you packing a bit of fat on yer belly? Really, I could argue that fat could kill you and you should quit eating so much. What is the difference between smoking and being overweight? Answer: Perception.

I don't need a reason to smoke nor should I have to explain it to anyone but does it make me any less of a person because I smoke?
Difference is that if you get fat, we still don't have to breath in noxious fumes every time we go near you. And my horse is not very high. I don't look down on smokers, I feel sorry for them.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
JKR Firefox said:
You feel sorry for me because I smoke?

OK then. I feel sorry for you because if you stay so biased towards other people then you'll never have many friends.
You know... Maybe this is my reason for pitying smokers:
92980-004-A4383A68.jpg

By the way, the one on the right is the smoker's lung.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
BankaiKirby said:
Idiotic teens smoke, nearly all Tempers are smart, and im a non-smoker.
Yeah, because smokin' is cool. Slowly poisoning yourself to death is cool. yourself is cool. Gotta be cool, wouldn't want to be considered a geek by living a long fruitfull life, now woulkd we?

dukenukethis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only smoke as a means to detect lasers and steady my hands while I hold a sniper rifle, and yes I'm aware that while I do it my health meter slowly decreases.
wink2.gif

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nope. Never have never will. (except recrecational use of course lol)

My granddad died because of his smoking habit, full stop.

He spent the last 3 years of his life in a nursing home, the right hand side of his body was completely disabled due to effects made on his brain. He could not do anything for himself and it also affected his memory, he often mistook people for others and was confused about his whereabouts. Before the effects caught up with him, he was a very active and happy person. On his last day alive he spent most of the day coughing up lots of tar before he passed away in front of his two daughters.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
That could happen to you someday, JKR Firefox, so stop telling us all that smoking is OK, and that shouldn't pitty smokers.

Maybe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sooner or later, everyone stops smoking, if you know what I mean
unsure.gif

But no, I don't

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
midna25 said:
Thing is, quitting all at once like that doesn't happen unless you lock yourself in a room and flush the key down the toilet.
I beg to differ - I quit smoking almost 4yrs ago now. I just decided to stop one day and did so. I'm certainly not unique - any other way (weaning/patches/gum) is just swapping one addiction for another.

I couldn't care less if people smoke, unless it is around children. People who smoke in the same house as a child are scum. Anywhere else and go ahead, why should I care what people choose to do?

I certainly hate the cigarette companies - they are polluting the earth terribly (do you know what it takes to grow Nicotiana tabacum?). I suppose I care about how the smokers are contributing to that.

I still smoke weed infrequently (last time was over 12months ago), but only pure green with no tobacco.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: im fucking motivated