Do you guys really watch "Let's plays"?

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually currently working on a Let's Play, but only as a passtime for myself, as a way for my friends to see some of the old games I used to play, and because I like playing games. I'm not really concerned with whether or not people watch it. Plus, it helps me get used to my own voice, which constantly sounds off to me.

Chikaku-chan

ᏁᎽᎪ~
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I tend to only watch lets plays of people who are either, talking about something I am interested in or someone I find funny,
I also watch lets plays of games I am questioning getting, only the first 5minutes usually to save myself from spoilers

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
I don't really see the point in a "Let's Play" when I can just play the game myself. I'd rather see a review of a game and research it myself than watch someone play a game for hours.

I like watching people play games that I have already played, or watch it to get an idea of what to do next if I get stuck, but the main reason I watch Let's Plays are for the commentary.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really see the point in a "Let's Play" when I can just play the game myself. I'd rather see a review of a game and research it myself than watch someone play a game for hours.

I like watching people play games that I have already played, or watch it to get an idea of what to do next if I get stuck, but the main reason I watch Let's Plays are for the commentary.

If it's because I'm stuck or something I'll just find a guide online and I don't see the point of watching a game I already played be played by someone else, I might as well replay the game.

I just don't find the commentary interesting for hours of gameplay. I'd just rather watch the funny bits of someone playing like Amnesia for example, I don't want to hear a guy go "roar a bear" every time they see a bear in Skyrim.

That's just me though.

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I only own Nintendo Consoles. I love watching other people play great PS3/360 games that I know I'll never own. I recently watched an entire series on Uncharted 3. Kept me entertained for an entire Saturday afternoon.

(It was Tobygames BTW... Guy sucks at games but is freaking hilarious.)

Deleted member 473940

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, so after the suggestions.. I am thinking of doing Assasins Creed, Animal Crossing, finishing off my Pokemon and retros. Didnt really get specific suggestions lol.

I am doing animal crossing.. more like a diary to myself in a way :). But please.. I need more suggestions :). Didnt get many people suggesting something specific(no two people suggesting the same game lol).

(quality test - feedback?)

slaysme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys make mr jealous with your amount of free time. I don't have enough time to play all my games, let alone watch someone else.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Probably the only let's play I'll ever watch is a playthrough of the Phoenix Wright series done by AVG, the only thing that makes this worth watching is the voice acting.
You have to give it a watch if you're a fan of the series.

Other than that I never saw the appeal in watching someone else play.

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I watch AVGN but I am not sure if that really counts as a LP. I will only really watch other LPs on games that I haven't tried that I am interested in buying, Like when FF 13-2 came out, just to see how it handles and that is it. I don't sit back and watch the entire game be played from start to finish

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c