Hardware Do screen protector's take away from 3D?

Vipa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you are talking about the ninendo licensed ones then no - the 3D effect remains.
3rd Party ones shouldn't really affect it either, as long as they are not the very cheap kind, which are known to have strange effects at certain angles.

Ssx9

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
They don't. But if you don't place them correctly, air bubbles could appear between the screen and the protector, so be very careful while placing one.

The bubble won't destroy the 3D, but it will be a bit annoying.

Vipa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
They are the same as the one I posted earlier (the power A version).
And they work fine, no loss of 3D at all (as used on my friend's 3DS).
gbasp.gif

aiden.22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vipa said:
They are the same as the one I posted earlier (the power A version).
And they work fine, no loss of 3D at all (as used on my friend's 3DS).
gbasp.gif

ah ok, i see now. Glad because ill probably pick those up. thanks!
laugh.gif

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They shouldn't. As mentioned, air bubbles will be annoying if you don't put them on properly, but other than that, they don't actually take away from the effect.

I have noticed the sound quality on my 3DS is a bit lower than usual ever since putting one on, though. The screen protector I have takes up the entire top part of the 3DS, not just the screen. Not a huge difference, but it is noticeable.

mikehammerX9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Windaga said:
I have noticed the sound quality on my 3DS is a bit lower than usual ever since putting one on, though. The screen protector I have takes up the entire top part of the 3DS, not just the screen.

What are you talking about? They are selling protectors without holes (for speakers) for upper screen or what? This is just too retarded.

pa.194473.2.jpg

L_o_N_e_R

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
have the hori ones on, and they dont take away from the 3d effect

and if you look at the pic above you'll notice the the marks for the rubber feet are off.. photo fail
tongue.gif

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
got mine today not put one on yet but they are cheap as hell on ebay and packaging says they are hori (maybe snide) but for £1.95 for 6 posted I'm happy.

ordered Sunday arrived today (Tues) from this seller http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I'll post back results once i get a chance to get a set on but as others have said they shouldn't effect image or gameplay.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I got official ones (I think) with my amazon pre-order.
I put the top one on wonky, lol.
Buying one from dx what covers the whole top screen like the yes-asia picture on page one.
I can't mess that up surely...

OT: Noticed no difference regarding 3D.
Screen's a tad darker, because of the extra layer of plastic but doesn't make a difference to my eyes.

EphenSteve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Hori screen protectors *the ones that cover the WHOLE upper screen *exception of speak holes* are actually not 1% "retarded" the 3DS' top screen is one solid piece. so why get a little cover that only covers up the middle spot (the screen) when you can protect the whole upper screen from ugly scratches so when a next model 3ds comes out you can trade it in for the most amount of money you can get or sell it on craigslist for damn near brand knew? the better you keep your shit the better you're off.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)