Do I still need test mode to install NDS Adapter Plus drivers?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Cyber Akuma, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Cyber Akuma
    OP

Member Cyber Akuma GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I am on Windows 7 64bit, which forces signed drivers unless I use an app to put Windows 7 into test mode.

I was wondering if with the latest update to the drivers and firmware, version 3.01, if the drivers still need me to do this or if they have finally been signed.

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    The 3.01 update is only if your going to be using a 3DS. If your still on a NDS/L/i/XL/LL then you only need to update to the 2.1 to use.

I haven't gotten the drivers to work on my win7 x64, so I run it in a Virtual Machine with Virtualbox.

3. Cyber Akuma
    OP

Member Cyber Akuma GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah I know, I just got a 3DS so I installed the update, to be honest, I was very surprised that it even supports 3DS games.

And you can install the drivers if you disable driver signature checking, problem is, this either means pressing F8 every time windows boots and choosing to disable that since it re-enables it when you reboot, or using a 3rd party app to force Windows 7 into "test mode" which disables that requirement that drivers need to be signed.

4. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    I'm not suprised. There was a video showing you can't put it in a DSi or a NDSL by cutting off the end piece. It shows up as a blank cart. This basically killed any dream that you can make a modified wifi/3in1 save dumper real.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/17/heres-wh...ridge-in-a-dsi/

So an external solution beats out such tools. The 3DS upgrade was just a bonus. The only problem right now is that the save files are encrypted.

You can go here to help work on what the encryption is and how to decrypt it eventually.
    http://gbatemp.net/t286607-3ds-save-file-h...scussion-thread