Hacking Do I need the Gamma Loader and GeckoOS 1.06/something?

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
I have a Wiikey but some games like Rygar for example only work with Gecko 1.07b/Gamma Loader.

Now I got all three installed Gecko Loader 1.07b, Gamma Loader and an earlier version of Gecko supposedly for GameCube games.

Do I really need all this, hell I think that maybe Gecko OS 1.07b and Gamma Loader are the exact same thing?
If I decide to delete them I just delete the channels like I normally do for WiiWare and VC games, right?

D

Deleted User

Shinigami Kiba said:
I have a Wiikey but some games like Rygar for example only work with Gecko 1.07b/Gamma Loader.

Now I got all three installed Gecko Loader 1.07b, Gamma Loader and an earlier version of Gecko supposedly for GameCube games.

Do I really need all this, hell I think that maybe Gecko OS 1.07b and Gamma Loader are the exact same thing?
Unless you really play GC backups. Then again, you have a chip.

If I decide to delete them I just delete the channels like I normally do for WiiWare and VC games, right?
Straight NO. It's possible but then it will leave some memory behind. Uninstall it via WAD Manager

Second question already been covered in HSG.

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
So if say, a game has audio problems with WiiKey, especially now with 1.9s sicne that apparently has more problems on PAL systems, will loading the game from Gecko eliminate those problems?

I don't have any games with audio problems now, so that's why I'm asking otherwise I'd test it myself.

So wait, if Gamma and Gecko leave memory behind, should I also uninstall WiiWare and VC WADs using the WAD Manager or is it ok to delete those with the regular channel manager?

Sharpz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shinigami Kiba said:
So if say, a game has audio problems with WiiKey, especially now with 1.9s sicne that apparently has more problems on PAL systems, will loading the game from Gecko eliminate those problems?

I don't have any games with audio problems now, so that's why I'm asking otherwise I'd test it myself.

So wait, if Gamma and Gecko leave memory behind, should I also uninstall WiiWare and VC WADs using the WAD Manager or is it ok to delete those with the regular channel manager?

WiiWare and VC's leave tickets behind if you use the Wii's channel remover so it's recommended to use WAD manager to remove them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So SD card in rg35xx sp is pretty decent 90Mb/s
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why cemu bios are on it but hey
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You likey? Be cool for a pocket device. How's n64?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Transferring files currently
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ah I should put my 1tb card in lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Very cool. I'm sure a 256 be plenty, not like u playing ps titles or above
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For me, I'd need a stick to play, like uremum would say
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I am actually people forgot original Playstation did t ha e joysticks until lated
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yep hard to think how skilled we were back in the day w just d pads
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Had a good grip
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Cool tho, a new toy is always fun. Like Xmas
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hunting rom packs getting harder
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's why I have shit load of HD's with them, you never know, granted they not full ROM packs, lots I don't want
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Can you install a ps2 core/emulator to it? I bet it be too taxing anyways. It come with retroarch atleast?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No ps2 isn't going to happen
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Can we atleast play fortnight against each other on it, jeez? Jk, any youngin' would say that.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played Fortnite with urewife
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    She told me, she said you like to build forts. Its like keeping yourself in the closet. You need to know tho, its ok to come out that closet, or your fort, we will support you no matter, and you can share some of my wifeys clothes too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With her legs
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep trying to win with those edits
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Fo real tho, much love bro, have fun w new toy. Bout to goto bar, for last call. :grog:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol 1tb sp
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol 1tb sp