Do I need a new battery?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Reaga, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Reaga
    OP

Reaga GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 31, 2013
    United States
    I feel like the battery life is gone.

I have B9S and Luma which I know uses some extra battery, but it was fully charged (and off) all week but I wonder-traded for like an hour and it went red.

I feel it used to last longer. Is this normal for CFW+Wifi or should I spend that $15?

2. YoshiB

YoshiB GBATemp resident

Mar 3, 2017
    United States
    Ohio
    CFW doesn't affect battery power.
    literally has no effect whatsoever.
    (or at least a significant effect.)

Wifi on the other hand probably has a more noticable effect, but not like it should chop an hour off of your battery life.

Your battery is probably just old, buy a new one.

Oh, and you can check the battery's actual percentage now if you open the Rosalina menu.

3. TsUnDeReAznGuY

TsUnDeReAznGuY Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2017
    United States
    If you have a New 3ds then check to make sure in the Luma menu you have the New 3ds cpu setting to off. Set brightness to 1 in the luma menu.

4. TsUnDeReAznGuY

TsUnDeReAznGuY Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2017
    United States
    If you have a New 3ds then check to make sure in the Luma menu you have the New 3ds cpu setting to off. Set brightness to 1 in the luma menu.

(Sorry for the many post stupid internet was laggin.)

5. Reaga
    OP

Reaga GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 31, 2013
    United States
    I know about Rosalina, and yeah I put it on charge right after posting this (it was blinking red after being red for only 2 minutes), and it's already at 37%.

It also goes from blinking red to blue the moment I plug it in, so I am further convinced I just need a new battery.

6. YoshiB

YoshiB GBATemp resident

Mar 3, 2017
    United States
    Ohio
    Don't press post more than once my friend.

Yeah... I'd say get a new battery. Should save you time.