Hacking do hacked wiiware channel use the trucha signed bug?

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mmm i wanted to try my hand at those but i was wondering... do they use the truchasigned bug? if so do i risk something when IOS37 will get released? if they do why does that happens? can't people who dump the channel do it without changing the firm? lastly i have a 3.2 Firmware but i haven't installed the wiiware update... would i need to install that update to play them or would it be fine with just the 3.2 firmware?
oh and i readed a guide about how installing homebrew channels... i assume it's the same for these too right?

nanika

文鎮じゃダメ!まぁ、こんな文字小さしすぎてどうせ読めないっしょ。
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Magus said:
mmm i wanted to try my hand at those but i was wondering... do they use the truchasigned bug? if so do i risk something when IOS37 will get released? if they do why does that happens? can't people who dump the channel do it without changing the firm? lastly i have a 3.2 Firmware but i haven't installed the wiiware update... would i need to install that update to play them or would it be fine with just the 3.2 firmware?
oh and i readed a guide about how installing homebrew channels... i assume it's the same for these too right?
The trucha bug is only needed to re-sign when content changes. When good tickets are used, no trucha is needed. (Whether it is used or not is different.)
When bad tickets are used, they must use trucha because they are not good tickets.

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nanika said:
Magus said:
The trucha bug is only needed to re-sign when content changes. When good tickets are used, no trucha is needed. (Whether it is used or not is different.)
When bad tickets are used, they must use trucha because they are not good tickets.
so basicaly there are releases that are trucha signed and have a fake ticket and releases that aren't trucha signed and have a good ticket?
EDIT: after reading this better i understand that there are releases with good ticket that COULD be still trucha signed am i right?

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
tatanga said:
Even the Twilight Hack save file itself uses the bug. Wii won't accept an unsigned savegame.

I'm sure the save is encrypted properly. The save utility they released asks for the save key to re-encrypt them.

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Magus said:
nanika said:
Magus said:
so basicaly there are releases that are trucha signed and have a fake ticket and releases that aren't trucha signed and have a good ticket?
EDIT: after reading this better i understand that there are releases with good ticket that COULD be still trucha signed am i right?

they are.
there is no working release with valid, un-trucha-signed ticket.
the ticket HAS to be modified to work on any wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F