Gaming Do game updates require system updates ? (Smash Bros. question)

GATWYAY3.2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To simply put it, I want to play Sephiroth on Smash Bros but i haven't played switch in a long time so i forget how this works, what system FW do i need to run the 10.1 Update of Smash Bros. ?

also if i have another question like this in the future how can i find out what system FW is needed for the game ?

edit: i forgot to mention i use SX OS so if i update to an unsupported FW ill get a black screen which was the reason behind me asking

Last edited by GATWYAY3.2,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's easier to just keep your Switch on the latest version supported by your CFW. Eventually, newer games and updates will require the latest system versions, as they'll be built using the latest SDK.

As for Smash, 10.x will probably suffice for now. For a true version requirement, check the SDK used. Soft version requirements and encryption keys are all able to be bypassed, but a newer SDK is not able to be bypassed easily, since the game/update will be looking for assets specific to the newer system update.

LeyendaV

The One and Only
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
To simply put it, I want to play Sephiroth on Smash Bros but i haven't played switch in a long time so i forget how this works, what system FW do i need to run the 10.1 Update of Smash Bros. ?

also if i have another question like this in the future how can i find out what system FW is needed for the game ?
Websites that offer game downloads will tell you which CFW/FW version you need to run a game. You can google it as well. But newer games will usually require newer FW versions, so try to at least update every 2 months or so to not stay behind.

Reactions: GATWYAY3.2

GATWYAY3.2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Websites that offer game downloads will tell you which CFW/FW version you need to run a game. You can google it as well. But newer games will usually require newer FW versions, so try to at least update every 2 months or so to not stay behind.

thanks wiieject, the one i use doesnt and i forgot to mention i use SX OS so if i update to an unsupported FW ill get a black screen which was the reason behind me asking

Reactions: LeyendaV

GATWYAY3.2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's easier to just keep your Switch on the latest version supported by your CFW. Eventually, newer games and updates will require the latest system versions, as they'll be built using the latest SDK.

As for Smash, 10.x will probably suffice for now. For a true version requirement, check the SDK used. Soft version requirements and encryption keys are all able to be bypassed, but a newer SDK is not able to be bypassed easily, since the game/update will be looking for assets specific to the newer system update.
no idea what you just said

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no idea what you just said
Tldr: Keep your Switch up to date when your CFW supports it. Smash will probably work on 11.0.0 (latest supported by SX OS right now). In fact it will probably work on 10.x for now. You'll need to switch to Atmosphere eventually if SX OS doesn't receive new updates.

Reactions: GATWYAY3.2

GATWYAY3.2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tldr: Keep your Switch up to date when your CFW supports it. Smash will probably work on 11.0.0 (latest supported by SX OS right now). In fact it will probably work on 10.x for now. You'll need to switch to Atmosphere eventually if SX OS doesn't receive new updates.
thanks Laclus ! just the response i was looking for, i know you cant give me the link to the 11.0.0 update but I also cant find the newest XS OS update to support it the websites seem to be down.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks Laclus ! just the response i was looking for, i know you cant give me the link to the 11.0.0 update but I also cant find the newest XS OS update to support it the websites seem to be down.
If I were you, I'd prepare to migrate to Atmosphere in the near future. TX's future is, at best, uncertain.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy