So I was about a third of the way through restoring a battered GBC with broken screen for my girlfriend for the holidays, then, at an event she was more enthusiastic about the grey DMG... change of plans.
Thankfully, I have one already with a broken screen I intended to restore at a later date, I'm looking for screen recommendations though.
I keep hearing the funny playing(?) kits being mentioned, but I'm conflicted:
1) I didn't really want to cut the original case ideally.
2) I'm not certain whether the replica GB DMG shells feel the same as the original, or close to? It's a gift, I want it to be right!
3) The original is currently yellowed pretty badly and needs some love.
Thoughts, recommendations etc?
If there is anything else you'd think would be valuable to add or change as part of the process let me know!
Edit - I'm a bit sad and original style dmg replacement screen isn't available that looks the same but with better back lighting etc. but that's just me!
Thankfully, I have one already with a broken screen I intended to restore at a later date, I'm looking for screen recommendations though.
I keep hearing the funny playing(?) kits being mentioned, but I'm conflicted:
1) I didn't really want to cut the original case ideally.
2) I'm not certain whether the replica GB DMG shells feel the same as the original, or close to? It's a gift, I want it to be right!
3) The original is currently yellowed pretty badly and needs some love.
Thoughts, recommendations etc?
If there is anything else you'd think would be valuable to add or change as part of the process let me know!
Edit - I'm a bit sad and original style dmg replacement screen isn't available that looks the same but with better back lighting etc. but that's just me!










