Hacking DLC question

swiitness

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright so I FTP'd into my PS4 and there are no AC folders anywhere. I have looked in /MNT/SANDBOX/.

However under /user/appmeta/addcont I can see two folders "CUSA02901" and "CUSA03384".

@An0n 's DLC is listed under CUSA02901 and my DLCs are listed under CUSA03384. Does this mean my DLC from my account is CUSA03384 and subsequently I should change my Rock Band 4 disc (CUSA02901)?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ac folders should be in mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt. I can't recall how to get dlc to show up in there, but themes at least appear once a theme has been applied. you may have to open the game, then minimize it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

you won't need the nest folder (if there is one). that seems to be related to pfs. the ac folder will be named after content id (you'll need this id for the param.sfo), and the user/appmeta/addcont folder will be named after title id (located in content id if you don't know it). if you're going to build a pkg, drag and drop the contents of the ac folder (not the ac folder itself) or else you'll get an error that it can't find the param.sfo. good luck.

An0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
Not necessarily, some games use different CUSA,
they make a version that can be compatible with several game versions.

But for your game I read that use same content ID as game
for seeing dlc folder in ftp here a example

in-520345982.png

what is strange is that your game recognizes dlc but you have nothing in the ftp.
If the game recognizes the dlc it means that the dlc are present in the ftp in /mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSAxxxxx
otherwise the game would not recognize them and nothing would be present in the ftp.

Reactions: godreborn

swiitness

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
This is what I see when I have Rock Band 4 running and then I minimise it, then look in FTP.

Even the .pkg file from @An0n is not showing in here, which I installed using debug menu.

Capture.JPG

Reactions: An0n

swiitness

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah from my research of getting officially purchased DLC to run on a an exploited PS4, you need to have at least once connected to PSN on said console. Something to do with licenses.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if that is the case, you can activate your account with account activator. just remember the account id you had when you purchased the content. I don't know if this is required though. I've always been activated. I formatted my hdd on a sata station to get rid of all traces of a banned account, then I used @Leeful 's script on an account I made on sony's official site (on the pc) to get my account id. then, I migrated all content and saves to that. everything works. :D

now that I think about it. that probably is needed, because I think the act.dat would have to use the same account id.

that is for officially purchased content that is.

Reactions: KiiWii

swiitness

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Unfortunately for me that didn't work as I have already activate this account offline with the same account that I purchased these DLCs with.

I used this tute to do so:

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never backed up my official dlc, so I dunno. I know that when I was backing up my saves, the old account caused games to crash. I'm assuming because it was a nonexistent account and the original account that installed the games no longer existed.

it's possible they're gone for good, since you're not technically using the same account. I don't know if account activator creates a fake act.dat. we can create a fake act.dat on the ps3, but not without a patch to the vsh.self or else the act.dat is deleted at boot. so far, we haven't been able to make one that looks official.

I don't know if the ps4 has a vsh.self equivalent. the vita does. it's just called shell.self iirc. if you don't change that file, and you try using a dex version of an app like cma (like I tried to do), it's crashes almost constantly. I fixed it, but it was a disaster. the only reason for that was to backup saves without having to backup the whole game.

I think the ps4 has an act.dat. the vita does as well in tm0:

upload_2021-3-13_16-8-16.png

I think the shell.self is in vs0. I don't think it's in os0.

I think the way it works is like the ps3 with act.dat, idps, and licenses. those are the three things it needs to activate content. the vita uses rif licenses as well just like the ps3. the ps4 does too. we can no longer get the idps from what I understand. you could on 1.76, but I think sony has obfuscated it now like they started doing with keys on 3.60+ on the ps3, so they're scrambled in memory somewhere.

Reactions: swiitness

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd wait for @An0n . I don't know what could be wrong. the tutorial on getting dlc you've purchased, I've never looked into that. I only skimmed the video, because it was like 18 minutes long.

swiitness

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd wait for @An0n . I don't know what could be wrong. the tutorial on getting dlc you've purchased, I've never looked into that. I only skimmed the video, because it was like 18 minutes long.

TLDW: you get a history of all your legit PSN purchases in a nice little .json file. This file also happens to have download links so you can conveniently download all of them in .pkg form.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TLDW: you get a history of all your legit PSN purchases in a nice little .json file. This file also happens to have download links so you can conveniently download all of them in .pkg form.

I know the vita did something like that with psp titles. that was part of my last vita tutorial when you had to use a small demo file for adrenaline. it was on psp titles though. it's probably too late for me with the ps4 as that account got banned on the ps3, so I removed it from the vita, pstv, and the ps4. it was a major pita. now, I'm using a separate account for each of them.

swiitness

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I know the vita did something like that with psp titles. that was part of my last vita tutorial when you had to use a small demo file for adrenaline. it was on psp titles though. it's probably too late for me with the ps4 as that account got banned on the ps3, so I removed it from the vita, pstv, and the ps4. it was a major pita. now, I'm using a separate account for each of them.

If you're able to access that banned PSN account on a web browser, then you can access your DLC still.

An0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah from my research of getting officially purchased DLC to run on a an exploited PS4, you need to have at least once connected to PSN on said console. Something to do with licenses.
Hi sorry for delay,

I never try with an exploited never connected to psn.
Maybe it's the problem here.

But method can unlock DLC without official DLC license in ps4, we just need the license file on disk of the game, the correct update and unlocker and of course installed official dlc if you have link for activated on official disk.
Some people already do it and work fine for us, you can check darksoftware (thread mortal kombat, they speak a lot on this for more info)

The game may have a check of the DLC that requires to be connected, in this case it should be possible to patch this in the game files to see the result, as the duplex team did to release some DLC.

What would be nice to try, is to reproduce the same thing on a console that has already been connected to the psn and see the result.

The problem can also come from not being on the right update of the game in this case the game does not mount the DLC, but iirc I had made sure to give you a very old to exclude this hypothesis.

You can try the 128ko unlocker method, as explained by @godreborn.
After all it might work on this old game. I may be wrong.

There are many parameters to take into account.

Can you take a screenshot of ingame that show dlc installed in your library ?

Last edited by An0n,
Reactions: swiitness

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: With other peoples couches