OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am getting a disk error with the softmod gamma v0.3 with the games:

mario and sonic at the olympics and family ski

All other games I tried are working fine.

Error says something like: error, eject disk and restart wii, See wii manuel.

what could be the problem?

thanks

Arendo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiPower said:
Did you install the Gamma cIOS?

he says other games work fine, so he probably has, right?

anyway, sounds a lot like the 002 error - eject disc, power off wii - although I'm not sure if that's possible with mario and sonic @ olympics and family ski...

other possibilities that come to my mind are: bad ISO or bad burn...

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Arendo said:
WiiPower said:
Did you install the Gamma cIOS?

he says other games work fine, so he probably has, right?

anyway, sounds a lot like the 002 error - eject disc, power off wii - although I'm not sure if that's possible with mario and sonic @ olympics and family ski...

other possibilities that come to my mind are: bad ISO or bad burn...

I'm almost sure famility sky is one of the games not working with beta, but working fine with gamma. There are only a few games not working with beta.

Arendo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
well, your knowledge is undoubtedly superior to mine, but when one installs the gamma loader, don't they automatically install the gamma cios? I mean, I think my loader came with the cios?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Arendo said:
well, your knowledge is undoubtedly superior to mine, but when one installs the gamma loader, don't they automatically install the gamma cios? I mean, I think my loader came with the cios?

Some people have still the beta cIOS installed and only "install" the loader. And others have some noob pack installed, and then it's important if the person who collected the stuff for this is a noob himself or not. I seriously can't understand >90% of the channel guys, they seem to think a channel is the usual way to run a homebrew application. I think it's all the "noob pack uploader"'s fault, as a noob which used such a pack still doesn't know anything.

Arendo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
can't completely agree with you on that one, I used a n00b pack for both my psp downgrade and wii downgrade, and for the psp homebrew scene I've been a huge help to a lot of people in their error fixing/downgrading processes... for the wii homebrew scene my knowledge about stuff is growing exponentially each day...
thing is, everyone has to start at 0 one day, but only 10 out of 100 know they need to research stuff, learn stuff about what they're doing... the problem with the other 90 mostly isn't stupidity or cluelessness, but simple ignorance - which is the biggest fault of mankind in general...

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok then you were a differend kind of noob than the usual noob. But my problem are the people packing noob packs or writing noob tutorials with channels only. These people are the reason why a lot of people around here still don't know how to download an application for themselves and run it from the HBC. Yes i'm talking about downloading something, getting the .dol out of a .zip, putting it in the correct place and run it, nothing special.

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I always use the .dol(if I don't need to install a cios first) first to test out what I downloaded and if I find that I like it and want to use it alot then I may download a channel... but WiiPower is absolutely, right in his points.
Do you think WiiGator, Waninoko, Crediar, etc. started inserting channels to launch hombrew before .dols and .elfs? I know most of you are here because you heard about a backup launcher that works without a modchip....Yes, indeed this is great NEWS! Merry Xmas, but that is not Santa brings you from the homebrew world of consoles... So stick to digging this stuff out your self and seeing what makes it tick!
In the long run it pays off to know this because it is really only the surface. I happen to have a few other favorites besides the loader....

Good point, WiiPower...

Merry Xmas

SirSweeps

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Agreed ... But I think its more about people wanting a quick fix ... I do a lot of Computer recoveries, and from that alone I realized early on that people don't want to learn. All people want is for it to work and if it doesn't then they ask someone who can make it work so they themselves don't have to be bothered ....
Humanity .... jeeze...

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mario/sonic works if decrypted and I know it works under wanis org. loader , that was the first game I got when I soft modded like 3 months ago

trunksv2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah I am a noob, but aren't forums like this made for noobs like me to get some help from the experts?

I (think) I did the following: (WII is version 3.4U)

1. With WAD_Manager_v1.3 I installed IOSIOS16-64-v257-prod.wad
2. With wadmanagerios16 I installed cIOS_fix.wad
3. I runned IOS-Downgrader_v1

Then I followed instructions it he HOW_to.txt:

4. In the homebrew channel select cIOS Installer and install that - all files required are also in the zip so it should be quick (Thanks WiiGator)
5. Select number 6 - WAD manager and install the BackupLoaderChannel0.3.wad file (Thanks Tgames)
6. Burn your ISO to disc (no need to patch them with this version) and get ready to play games.

I burned the .iso game with imgburn 2x speed on a Taiyo Yuden DVD-R

I will burn it again to see if a bad burn was the problem,

Thanks

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
trunksv2 said:
Yeah I am a noob, but aren't forums like this made for noobs like me to get some help from the experts?

I (think) I did the following: (WII is version 3.4U)

1. With WAD_Manager_v1.3 I installed IOSIOS16-64-v257-prod.wad
2. With wadmanagerios16 I installed cIOS_fix.wad
3. I runned IOS-Downgrader_v1

Then I followed instructions it he HOW_to.txt:

4. In the homebrew channel select cIOS Installer and install that - all files required are also in the zip so it should be quick (Thanks WiiGator)
5. Select number 6 - WAD manager and install the BackupLoaderChannel0.3.wad file (Thanks Tgames)
6. Burn your ISO to disc (no need to patch them with this version) and get ready to play games.

I burned the .iso game with imgburn 2x speed on a Taiyo Yuden DVD-R

I will burn it again to see if a bad burn was the problem,

Thanks

Gamma consists of two parts, the loader and the cIOS. You need both, if one of these parts is from beta some games may work but not all. Make sure you have the gamma cIOS installed, if you install it before you "install" the loader or after doesn't matter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I have lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And I havent watched Brotherhood yet
    It was watchable, not sure what my favorite Anime is hmmm
    Castlevania or Baki probably
    Robotech was good
    DBZ I liked up until Cell after that it got too weird
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My youtube comment got 2k likes achievement unlocked
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, i also watch my hero academia and rewatching dragón ball starting from the og series
    Oh also loved Vanhellsing
    And Vanhellsing abridged lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GOOD LORD WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THERE?!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Aurora Borealis?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I- AURORA BOREALIS? AT THIS TIME OF YEAR, AT THIS TIME OF DAY, IN THIS PART IF THE COUNTRY, LOCALIZED ENTIRELY WITHIN YOUR KITCHEN?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    jokes aside, anyone else who saw the northern lights tonight, what did you think, i thought they were beautiful for a while, before it went to a vague pink
    maybe later they'll pick up again
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went out and tried to see, but I'm too south, and its too cloudy, bummer
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    too far south? it goes down to alabama tonight
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sorry about the clouds btw, the sky is clear here rn
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Maybe just too cloudy for me then, Idk
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its neat tho, I seen it years ago when I was visiting Canada.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this is my first aurora tbh
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i mean, multiple have happened in my lifetime, but it's always been too cloudy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S LIKE THAT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING METEOR SHOWER TOO
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking