Disgaea - Dark Assembly

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by CockroachMan, Dec 1, 2008.

Dec 1, 2008

Disgaea - Dark Assembly by CockroachMan at 3:48 PM (1,239 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. CockroachMan
    OP

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    I'm with 25 hours in the game already and still can't understand how that thing works.. I can only pass the cheaper (10 or 30 mana) laws :/

Which items should I give to the senators? Why some vote NO even when they say that they're supporting me? :/

2. Doomsday Forte

Member Doomsday Forte GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    The items themselves don't matter, but I believe the rarity does. So, the better the rarity, the more the senator wants it. But in my experience, it's sometimes worth it to jump into Item World and get a bagful of junk items and waste little Mana on the DA giving them crap.

Also, it's interesting to note that in the DS version, it seems that the senator affection rates apply to EVERY character as opposed to just one like in the previous versions, or so I've been told. This should make it easier, but do note that there are a lot of senators, so you will have to bribe for a while to get mostly favorable results.

And, affection rates tend to work on 5% increments. Loathe is 0% (or 5%?), and Love

3. InuYasha

Member InuYasha Professional Coke Fiend

United States
    Honestly it's easier later in the game when you have a bad-ass character then just go and beat the crap outta them......

4. Chrono_Tata

Member Chrono_Tata GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thailand
    Actually, I believe each senator has a rarity point that they prefer. The closer the rarity of the item you give them is to that point, the more they will like it.

5. Doomsday Forte

Member Doomsday Forte GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    That's probably true. It's a shame that you can only hold 16 items at once, so you may get at least one person with a Must Have! per session. Maybe.

6. Shichibukai

Member Shichibukai GBAtemp Regular

Spain
    Anyway it says if they want it or not the item, and be sure to get the most influent senetor (most level)

7. CockroachMan
    OP

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    Thanks for the help guys [​IMG]

8. dib

Member dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    When you choose the character, there's a random number generated on the top screen regarding your influence. The higher that number, the more the assembly will be stocked with senators favorable to you. You can increase the range of influence by passing the trial exams.

That number is relative to how many points you're spending on the measure to pass. So it's much easier to pass one that costs 10 (like lowering enemy levels) than the types opening new areas and so forth.

It's a system that works pretty well to keep you from opening them too early in the game, even without a direct requirement on level because you probably won't pass any exams if you're underpowered.

Not sure what InuYasha means about beating them, I have yet to approach an assembly where at least half didn't overpower my strongest characters by several orders of magnitude. There's no way you're beating several enemies with levels 254 or up with level 50 characters.

It's tough to work out the actual mechanics of the system beyond this, like why you get no votes from senators pledging their devotion to you. Something about positions relative to other senators, and who knows what else. It doesn't really matter, all it boils down to is having to frequently attempt votes and slowly gain favor by bribing them. The game stores their affection stats, so next time you'll be a little closer to your goal. Eventually you will have the majority on your side, and that's when it will be simple to bribe the one or two nays when the rest are already yays from the beginning.

9. Vulpes Abnocto

Former Staff Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

United States
    The way I pass these is to pick the highest level senator that I can possibly influence, (maybe a few of them, if at all possible) bribe them to where they agree with me, and when I fight the senate, I throw the lower level enemy senators onto the higher level ones that are on my side. It takes some planning, but if you're careful about your tactics, this helps tremendously. You can also throw the senators you've bribed well enough onto low-level enemy senators for the same effect.

I've never given anything with a cost higher than $300 as a bribe. I do not know if the more rare items make a difference, but they may.

Also, as dib mentioned, before you go in, you'll see how much influence you have at that particular time. If your influence is low DO NOT go into the senate. Back up and try again until you have a very high influence. This makes the aforementioned method much more effective.

Best of luck!