Gaming Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness... WTF.

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
I just ripped the game from my UMD earlier today. So I tried playing the ISO--and it plays regularly--but now it takes an entire minute or two for the game to start up (much like Samurai Shodown Anthology, whether you played it on UMD or MMS). Now here's where things get really weird! When I fully compress it to CSO format, it starts up in less than 10 seconds like it's supposed to.

I opened up the ISO in UMDGen to check for padding/dummy files and there aren't any... Furthermore Yoshihiro's decryptor tells me it's a bad dump. I knew it wasn't but whatever. I quickly downloaded another copy and it was the exact same story. What's up with this game? I just want it to play normally in ISO format like all my other games.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't see why you don't just put it in CSO and be happy. CSO, if it works with your memory stick's speed and CFW, is the game game and same quality, but a much smaller file size. Just compress to a CSO and play.
tongue.gif

Personally, my entire game library of backups are all compressed, and they all work well (provided I up the clock speed to 333/166 in-game... which is what you could try).

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
Yeah I'd love to do that but I'm kinda OCD. My library is all ISO and I can't have one CSO, and don't want to compress them all because then there's gonna be one or two that only work as ISO... Gah

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
The first Disgaea didn't need to be patched....so maybe, er, don't?

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
Skyline969 said:
Name off your library, I can tell you if they work as CSO. I've done extensive testing on quite a few games and generally I know a lot of the hit titles.

Thanks but that's like 50 games, half Japanese...
shy.gif
Anyway I guess I'll just leave it as ISO and convert it to CSO only when playing. But does anyone know why it loads faster as CSO? That doesn't seem right. If there are other games that work better as CSO I'd love to know!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k