Disgaea 3 Ps3 Gaia Manager Not Working

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by shanefromoz, Dec 27, 2010.

Dec 27, 2010
  1. shanefromoz
    OP

Member shanefromoz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Hi All,

I got this game and installed it using Gaia manager.
    I also got a patch and installed it also but the game when loaded still gives me a black screen.
    I installed the game and patch to GAMEZ/folder name.
    Can someone please help me?

Cheers Shane

2. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    you have to install the main game using your usual way (FAT32 transfer, original dumping, FTP, etc.)
    Then, once installed, you need the "Debug" update from PSN_debug server.

This one you don't install it in gamez, you put the .pkg on the FAT32 external drive, run in jailbreak and install the package using the "Install package" menu.
    You need the debug one, as it doesn't need PSN access when launching the game.

Then you need to transfer (use ftp) the folder in the game folder, not GAMEZ.
    Install the pkg, this will install the Debug version of the
    Disgaea 2.30 patch. After this, you need to use the FTP server
    and upload the BLUS30181 folder into /dev_hdd0/game/, overwrite
    all files when prompted.[/p]

3. shanefromoz
    OP

Australia
    Hi Cyan,

Got it working but not with Gaia manager only open manager.

Cheers Shane

4. jankenneth_10

Newcomer jankenneth_10 Newbie

Philippines
    Does it still open with GAIA MANAGER? I really have to know, I just downloaded the game, I know the instructions and I'm not sure it will.

PLEASE REPLY ASAP!!!

5. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    Welcome to GBATemp. Please refrain from needless caps lock.

I've got Disgaea 3 working with both Multiman and Gaia Manager on CFW 3.55-kmeaw, both using internal and external HDD (I prefer internal - it doesn't take up much space and I don't have to plug in the HDD to play). Just copy it over and play. I didn't need to patch it or anything (although I did let it automatically patch the game after running it to get it onto the latest version).

EDIT: Might aswell add - I've yet to find a game that doesn't work. I did run into a problem where I got no sound on FF13 and ModNation Racers, but that was easily fixed.
    EDIT2: Ok, just found out that Star Wars Unleashed USE doesn't work on external (turns out it's another game with a file bigger than 4GB). Interesting timing with this post...

6. jankenneth_10

Philippines
    Okay, okay, I won't be needlessly "capitalizing" my words.

I have literally done the same process more than 13 times, install BUS30181(named as Disgaea 3), install the .pkg, install the other BLUS30181 in the "segata" folder. My process has been summarized, this is the complete process:

1. place BLUS30181 in external drive
    2. "copy" to HDD0 using Gaia Manager
    3. remove external, delete first BLUS30181, then place the other BLUS30181(segata) with the .pkg file
    4. install .pkg, then enter Gaia Manager, copy the BLUS30181(segata) to HDD0, no notice of overwriting
    5. try game

after the video animation, it says, "Game data is corrupt. Reinstall the game data ang restart the game."

i have figured out that it appears because it is in the "GAMEZ" folder, but the "GAMEZ" is under "game", the location it sends it in is "dev_hdd0/game/./.././GAMEZ/BLUS30181/(not required to finish)"

my system software is 3.41, using backup, open and gaia, mostly gaia.

my queation is "how do you install the BLUS30181 into the games folder? or how do you transfer it?"

what are the exact steps i should do to get this game working?

7. shanefromoz
    OP

Australia
    Use ftp.
    I use flashfxp and it works perfect.

8. Originality

United Kingdom
    The process I used: Extract the game, put it onto USB:\Games\, eject. Plug into the PS3, load up, load Multiman, find Disgaea 3, press X, select "no". On the XMB, press up, press X on the game disc icon (says Disgaea 3).

At the time, the internet was enabled and it downloaded the updates for it, then played it as normal. No need to install any .pkg files.

At a later time I used O in Multiman to copy it to the internal HDD, but it runs in exactly the same way.

EDIT: Probably also worth mentioning again, I'm on CFW 3.55-kmeaw.

9. jankenneth_10

Philippines
    The internet is currently unavailable to me, for reasons you do not need to know.

It has only been 2 months since I got my PS3, I just usually buy the copies, then play, but this time I'm trying to download and play it.

I don't know what a "flashfxp" is, is it a program, i know what FTP means, but im not sure what i means in FTP server, and i do not know the difference of the ps3 managers.

so, just tell me what i need to know and what i need to do, this the only game of my 6 games i haven't played.

Thanks in advance!

10. Originality

United Kingdom
    Difference between the managers... Multiman is more featured but can be a little slow/confusing to navigate, Gaia looks a bit nicer and is smoother but doesn't have as many features, and I've not tried Rogero yet but it's based on OpenManager like Gaia is. I've been using Multiman to get games running the first time, then Gaia to play them if they do work.

For FTP, the process is slightly more complicated, but it's direct. You need a FTP Server on the PS3 (like BlackBox or OpenPS3FTP, and a FTP client on the PC. The Client will connect to the Server and allow you to transfer files. BlackBox doesn't work for me so I use the latter. For PC, I use FileZilla. Instructions (from here:
    EDIT: Games go into dev_hdd0/GAMES/ folder, and save games go into dev_hdd0/game/ folder. At least that's what I found using MultiMan's built-in file manager.

Anyway, now you've got two clear methods to copy games over. Either copy it onto an external HDD and use MultiMan (or Gaia) to launch it from external or copy it to internal HDD to play, or use FTP to upload it directly to the internal HDD and use MultiMan or Gaia to play. If you use 3.55 CFW, there are no other steps. As for 3.41 CFW, I think you need to patch the game or something - I can't remember because I never used 3.41 CFW. I recommend updating to 3.55 CFW anyway.

11. jankenneth_10

Philippines
    Does this require an ethernet cable? Internet? or is it wireless local area connection(no internet)?

12. Originality

United Kingdom
    FTP method requires "internet enabled" on the PS3, but is just done via your local network. If you're worried about it sending information to Sony, you can enter a false DNS into the network settings.

External HDD method can be done entirely offline.

13. jankenneth_10

Philippines
    Okay, knowing that I do not have an internet connection to my ps3, the FTP method is out.

Currently trying MultiMan, reports will be coming.

Thanks.

14. MarcusRaven

Member MarcusRaven HBC Theme Maker

United States
    MultiMAN plays this game just fine using the (Select+X) method. If using the latest version, it will remember that you used that method after its first launch, so it will just auto-load The game after that (into the xmb, not directly).