Disgaea 2 DLC not working with Prometheus ISO Loader.

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Schlupi, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Schlupi
    OP

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniacâ„¢

United States
    Decided to play Disgaea 2 again, and I bought the DLC for it and everytime I try and load it on my Go with Prometheus ISO loader it stays hanging on the Now Loading screen every time. Anybody here about DLC not working, or any way to fix this? >_>

2. The Chow

Newcomer The Chow Member

Canada
    This may or may not be related, but when I imported my save from playing my legit copy of Valkyria Chronicles 2 on my PSP-1000 to my TN-Hen'd PSP Go using Prometheus loader, I got a message telling me that my DLC was invalid due to something about [the hardware being newer than the save], from what I understood that ten seconds I read the error message.

However, given what the error message said, it might not be a problem with cfw/hen'ing stuff, as it was strangely specific about how it was the hardware date being "newer" than the save, which it wasn't (my PSP Go is allegedly a launch model with OFW 5.70, despite me buying a month ago, and my save was from recently).

I thought I'd throw it out there in the slight chance it's related to your problem.

3. JamesCID

Newcomer JamesCID Member

Mexico
    Did you install the DLC AFTER you were on HEN? The different environment might be a problem if you did not. I recently got DLC for Disgaea 2 and worked perfectly, but I used MediaGo to get the DLC in my MS while being in 5.03 Prom-4.

That's Because DLC is bound to the PSP you used it on unless it is decrypted. The only way to get it working again without decryption is installing directly from the PSN Store or MediaGo in the new PSP, not just copying the files. Also, there are some known issues with older versions of prometheus and corrupted or not working saves from other FWs.

4. DarkShinigami

Member DarkShinigami #1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI

United States
    just currious is there a way to decrypt the stuff

5. The Chow

Newcomer The Chow Member

Canada
    The strange thing about my observation was that I hadn't bought any DLC at all, nor used any pre-order DLC (the voucher is still "pending", according to my Gamestop Order Status, lol).

I did notice that the game was actually talking about the "same-for-everybody" codes that unlock secret characters. Though... these in particular aren't exactly DLC. [​IMG]

6. Schlupi
    OP

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniacâ„¢

United States
    Huh. I guess I will try MediaGo.

But in other news, my Monster Hunter POrtable 3rd DLC works fine.

7. Exaltys

Member Exaltys GBAtemp Regular

United States
    MHP3rd has DLC? Paid DLC?

8. Kyro

Member Kyro GBAtemp Regular

France
    +1

Is there a way to decrypt .edat .pgd DLC files?