RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually it's useful. If I haven't mistake, it's hanging at loading color. Check if your settings.ini file is correct or redownload it from latest release :)
There is no "settings.ini" in the latest release. @bakawun removed the "nds-bootstrap.ini" and "setting.ini" files.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TWLoader v3.3

What's new?
  • Set an LED color for any game. (by @umbjolt)
Improvements
  • Box art for games with "T" as last TID letter is now downloaded.
  • Box art is not downloaded for homebrew roms, due to them using "####" as the TID.
  • Message for checking banner data is no longer shown. Boosts up starting time.
Bug fixes
  • (not sure) TWLoader should no longer update itself on the latest version. (by @umbjolt)
  • Auto-download crash is fixed. (by @umbjolt)
The updating itself bug is still very prominent. Any ideas on what might be causing it? Is there some sort of outdated version.ini or something?

bakawun

Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
@Robz8 I think with the next release you should just put a big message saying to make a clean install.
So users must delete _nds and re-copy from 7zip (or not need to copy anything if we have everything auto-installed by that time)

We are currently only missing downloading of flashcard related .nds files, the custom ntr_launcher.nds and gbarunner.nds

@umbjolt
If you can add all the nds files currently in the 7z to the downloading code we can pretty much delete the entire 7z for the 3ds sdcard side.

Last edited by bakawun,

umbjolt

Wild jolteon
Trophies
XP
Country
There is no point to make TWLoader online.
What would happen with those people that don't want (or haven't) an internet conection? I think we should package all like we were doing before in a .7z file

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

works. Will this break auto updates?

It's a strange behavior and only a temporal fix to prevent that. When next release come out, just remove that "log" file and start TWLoader and "automatically" (understand my point sorry) will "repair" "itself"

bakawun

Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
There is no point to make TWLoader online.
What would happen with those people that don't want (or haven't) an internet conection? I think we should package all like we were doing before in a .7z file
I think it is great to have an offline install option for sure.
It seems pretty simple to modify the makefiles to create a .7z dynamically when a new release is made.

But by default just installing twloader.cia and having the rest be downloaded is userfriendlier.
Especially because you can simply scan the 1 QR code and everything will work.

Last edited by bakawun,

bakawun

Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
Currently my plan looks something like this:

• Make twloader.cia completely standalone. So every dependency can be downloaded through the internet if the 7z is not used
  • Reorganize the folder structure into binaries, static data, dynamic data and settings
The new folder structure is going to look something like this:
_nds/
_nds/bin/*.nds (programs that are part of twloader)
_nds/data/boxart
_nds/data/bannericon
_nds/data/roms/*.nds (and later also *.gba)
_nds/saves/*.sav (e.g. the dynamic data)
_nds/settings/*.ini (program config files
_nds/settings/gamedata/*.ini (game specific config files)

This split makes it possible to delete just settings without having to do a completely new install.

But before i make those changes i want to be able to set paths dynamically in a single place in the sourcecode and i am unsure of how to do that.

Helix Fossil

DQ Fan Translator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm using this with a flashcart, an R4i-SDHC RTS. Certain games, primarily Pokemon Black 2 and White 2, and Blaze Black 2 and Volt White 2, seem to freeze while saving no matter what I do, and I've tried fiddling with all the different settings to no avail. The games work perfectly fine otherwise, but when saving it just gets stuck while the music continues to play.

Last edited by Helix Fossil,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm using this with a flashcart, an R4i-SDHC RTS. Certain games, primarily Pokemon Black 2 and White 2, and Blaze Black 2 and Volt White 2, seem to freeze while saving no matter what I do, and I've tried fiddling with all the different settings to no avail.
It's a YSMenu issue that can't seem to be fixed.

Nicky P

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to load the Soulsilver game, The screen goes black and nothing happens. I have TWLNAND Side installed. Is there a fix?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah I see, that sucks majorly. Got any recommendations for another DS flashcart? Or do they all use YSMenu to work with TWLoader?
It's only an issue with R4i-SDHC.

Here's recommendations.
  1. SuperCard DSTWO
  2. DSTT
  3. Original R4

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

When I try to load the Soulsilver game, The screen goes black and nothing happens. I have TWLNAND Side installed. Is there a fix?
Did the DS/DSi boot screen appear? If so, that game doesn't work yet.

Helix Fossil

DQ Fan Translator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha of course it's only an issue with the card I have. :P I have a SuperCard DSTWO but don't want it killing my battery, so maybe I'll just get any other card like an Acekard or a more recent R4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PRMX5mX-hvs?si=JdjNrndYJ7PelC7q