maguro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
crypt.id
XP
Country
Indonesia
How do i remove a game from the flash cart forwarder? its icon is stuck in the menu after deleting it from the flash cart, and files matching its name on the 3ds sd card

Delete gamename.ini in sdmc:/roms CMIIW

Btw, I'm using r4i-sdhc. Button string values like "BTN_YES" "BTN_NO" etc isn't shown correctly even I had define the value in YSMenu.ini located in /_nds/ and inside flashcart sdcard in /TTMenu folder. Is it possible to show button string values correctly?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Btw, I'm using r4i-sdhc. Button string values like "BTN_YES" "BTN_NO" etc isn't shown correctly even I had define the value in YSMenu.ini located in /_nds/ and inside flashcart sdcard in /TTMenu folder. Is it possible to show button string values correctly?
Currently, no.

Reactions: maguro

SirAwesome1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks my guy

D

Deleted User

TWLoader is a CTR-mode frontend for nds-bootstrap (and flashcards, if you have one.) that looks and feels like the Nintendo DSi Menu.
With this, you can run your NDS games, with the DS/DSi boot screen, and clock speed of 133mhz (faster than normal DS).
You can also change the UI color to your favorite color, and have glowing rainbow colors in the Notification LED.

Download
NOTE: The 3DSX version does not launch games.

Music files
Put "music.wav" at "sdmc:/_nds/twloader/".
Music must be 44khz, and 1 minute.

Instructions
  1. Extract the files/folders in the "sdroot" folder to the 3DS' SD Card root. Do not extract the "sdroot" folder itself to the SD Card root.
  2. Put .nds ROMs in "sdmc:/roms/nds/".
  3. (This step is required. You'll be taken back to HOME Menu if this isn't installed.) Install "TWLoader - TWLNAND side.cia" to SysNAND (also to EmuNAND, if you have EmuNAND).
  4. Install "TWLoader.cia" to whichever NAND you use (SysNAND or EmuNAND).
NOTE: If you plan on do a system transfer, before you do it, uninstall the TWLNAND side app first, unless you want to keep using TWLoader on the system that had it's stuff transferred to the new system.

Download a pack for your flashcard:
DSTT/R4i Gold/R4i-SDHC/R4 SDHC Dual-Core/R4 SDHC Upgrade/SC DSONE
Original R4/M3 Simply
R4iDSN/R4i Gold RTS
Acekard 2(i)/Galaxy Eagle/M3DS Real
Acekard RPG
Ace 3DS+/Gateway Blue Card/R4iLS/R4iTT
SuperCard DSTWO

Extract what's in "for Slot-1 microSD" to the root of the flashcard's microSD card.

To add a game from the flashcard:
  1. Launch the "Add Games" feature.
  2. Select a .nds file.
  3. The banner and .ini files will be created, and your game will show up in TWLoader.

To launch your game on the flashcard:
  1. Open TWLoader, and go to Settings.
  2. Turn Game location switcher On to switch between SD Card and flashcard in the game menu.
  3. Press R to go to NTR/TWL settings.
  4. In NTR/TWL settings, select "Flashcard(s) select".
  5. Pick your flashcard.
  6. Out of Settings, press R to switch between SD Card and Flashcard.
  7. Select your generated .ini file, and your ROM should load.

Custom box art instructions
  1. Create your .png file that's 128x115.
  2. Name the .png file to the same filename as the game, but with ".png" added to the end (ex. SD card: game.nds.png, Flashcard: game.ini.png).
  3. Save it to "sdmc:/_nds/twloader/boxart/" for games on the SD card, or "sdmc:/_nds/twloader/boxart/flashcard/" for games on the Slot-1 flashcard.

ROM select controls
Left/Right / Touch left/right game icons: Select a game/app.
L: Next page.
R: Previous page.
A / Touch selected icon: Launch selected game/app.
START: Start menu.
SELECT: Game settings.

Settings controls
Settings will be saved on app exit or game/app launch.
L: GUI settings.
R: NTR/TWL-mode settings.
A: Change selected setting.
B: Go back to ROM select screen.

List of games that work
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M7MxYQzVhb4604esdvo57a7crSvbGzFIdotLW0bm0Co/edit#gid=0

Todo
  • Add cheat menu.

Credits
This wouldn't have been possible without the following.

FAQs

Q: What's the TWLNAND side CIA? Does it patch TWL_FIRM?
A: No. It's a DSiWare app only used by the GUI (not seen in HOME Menu). The TWLNAND side has the boot screen, and starts bootstrap for running the ROMs, and it's own NTR_Launcher for running Slot-1 games/flashcards.

Q: Why do I get a white screen when trying to load a game from SD Card?
A: VRAM boost may not be on. Try turning on VRAM boost.
Also, please note that not all games work yet.

Q: How do I use GBARunner2?
A: Put your SRAM-patched GBA ROM in the SD root as "runner.gba" and put the BIOS in the SD root as "bios.bin". Then press SELECT in the SD game list.
To SRAM-patch your ROM, use GBATA.

Q: How do I get sound for TWLoader?
A: Dump the DSP firm, as that's needed to play the sound effects and music.
Check here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-dsp-dump.423860/

Q: Why is there lagging when picking a game?
A: The previous/next boxart and icon images are loaded, instead of them being loaded all at once. This is done to prevent memory leaks.

Q: Won't the Rainbow LED feature cause an MCU brick?
A: Don't worry. @MarcusD said that you can only MCU brick on firmwares 8.1 or below.

Q: I installed the TWLNAND side CIA, but I'm still getting the error screen?
A: Make sure you're using an up-to-date CFW, namely Luma3DS.

Q: Why do I get a black screen when launching a game?
A: Look here.

Q: Why do I get an auto-shutdown when launching a game?
A: It's due to a pre-patched TWL_FIRM still being installed. Look here on how to fix this.

Q: How do I update TWLoader on the 3DS?
A: To update, press START in TWLoader settings, then open your favorite CIA manager, and install "TWLoader - TWLNAND side.cia" at "sdmc:/_nds/twloader/cia/".

Are you working to add more compatibility? Or is that unfixable?

Rowent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, when I try to start game I have got black screen without any error, just black screen and I must restart my 3ds. Its just me, or game isnt supported? (love plus)..

Rowent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I tried change path, so I checked custom path in luma, move arm9loaderhax.bin in to luma folder on my sdcard and create path.txt in luma folder. in path.txt is "/luma/arm9loaderhax.bin".. but when I insert it in 3ds and hit power button it wont start. What did I wrong?

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
We need desesperately a new update from both, TWLoader and the bootstrap. Hope that in a future you can help us so this is not so confusing and with so many errors for people that we don´t know so much about files etc. Your work is great and thank you kindly for it.

WarioTails358

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When i download the latest unofficial bootstrap, twloader still says the bootstrap is unofficial 6fd28c3.
How do I know if I have the latest unofficial bootstrap?

bakawun

Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
We need desesperately a new update from both, TWLoader and the bootstrap. Hope that in a future you can help us so this is not so confusing and with so many errors for people that we don´t know so much about files etc. Your work is great and thank you kindly for it.
working on better noob proofing but it takes time

umbjolt

Wild jolteon
Trophies
XP
Country
Latest releases of bootstrap/twloader are manual uploaded to github server where TWLoader download so you have to wait to Robz8 to push the latest bootstrap to server first ;)

WarioTails358

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Latest releases of bootstrap/twloader are manual uploaded to github server where TWLoader download so you have to wait to Robz8 to push the latest bootstrap to server first ;)
How is your DevitkitARM/PRO environment set up? Because whenever I try building the latest bootstrap, I always get a 0kb bootstrap file. And I built Ahezard's libnds with the latest DevitkitARM environment and then I added the DevitkitARM R45 to my DevitkitARM environment.

umbjolt

Wild jolteon
Trophies
XP
Country
How is your DevitkitARM/PRO environment set up? Because whenever I try building the latest bootstrap, I always get a 0kb bootstrap file. And I built Ahezard's libnds with the latest DevitkitARM environment and then I added the DevitkitARM R45 to my DevitkitARM environment.

I only do make and get the bootstrap file. Also fyi I've tested the "two" bootstrap files. When you run "make" you get a nds-bootstrap.nds and if you run build-cia.bat yu get a bootstrap.nds. I've tested both XD
Just remember to rename to release-bootstrap.nds or unofficial-bootstrap.nds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    QuarterCut @ QuarterCut: my reaction to such information +1