Hardware Discharging while turned off

jacopastorius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi all. I am using sx os custom firmware. Today i switched off my switch by holding power button then selecting other power off options and then switch off; at that time it was at 98% battery. After few hours, when i powered it on, i found out that the battery dropped to 38%.

I am thinking that it was in rcm status. Is it normal?
Do i have to hold power button for 12 seconds to be sure of powering it donw completely?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have AutoRCM enabled? If so, that's expected from AutoRCM. Any power offs or shutdowns from Horizon aka CFW/OFW are going to cause the console to reboot into RCM if you have AutoRCM enabled. I compiled a list of ways to completely turn off a Switch with AutoRCM enabled in this thread.

Reactions: Lacius

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have AutoRCM installed, then you cannot power it off normally. You must hold the power button for at least twelve seconds to prevent it from entering RCM. It's probably better to keep it in sleep mode when you're not using it. After all, you only had it off for a few hours.

Reactions: Draxzelex

jacopastorius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
thank you guys. Yes, I have autoRCM installed and didn't figured it out that turning switch off completely required such as those procedures.
I think the easiest way is holding the power button for 12 or more seconds from hos.

How do you think I have to leave the switch if I am not using it for a long period of time? Completely off?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I just turn it off with Hekate's Power Off function unless I'm in the middle of playing a game in which case I just leave it on in the dock. Its basically in sleep mode while docked and not being actively used.

jacopastorius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you. At the moment, after reading the Draxzelex post, i am rebooting into rcm, then push hekate payload and switch off from there

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night