Disc Read Error during gameplay in two different games

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by temp4746, May 26, 2010.

1. temp4746
    OP

Newcomer temp4746 Advanced Member

Israel
    I'm getting a disc read error during gameplay in two different games:
    • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicals: Crystal Bearers
    • Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
    I'm not sure what is causing this problem, my other games (plenty of them) are working just fine.
    I tried downloading different iso's, burning using different discs, burners, disconnecting and reconnectiong the Wii's power, cleaning the discs.

I was able to continue a bit in FFCC by using a different iso but then it later on constantly failed in a different location.
    With POP I only managed to find one iso, tried two different burns and they both fail at a random point during a certain battle.

I dont know what to do anymore, It's already 2 games that I cant play anymore due to this issue. [​IMG]

I have a PAL(E) Wii and thus PAL isos.
    The Wii software is version 4.2E
    I have no idea what modchip I have (bought it modded).

2. jqwest

Newcomer jqwest Member

United States
    probably your laser is going out....just invest in a tb hdd and all your worries will go away along with the load times

3. temp4746
    OP

Newcomer temp4746 Advanced Member

Israel
    Soft modding my Wii is a last resort for me, since if I brick my Wii I won't get any new one to replace it EVER.

Can it really be the laser? Considering all of my other games are still working perfectly.
    Is the Wii's drive that bad? its been barely a Year.