Hacking Disc Channel Oddity

imri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i boot up the ole waggle box the other day with a back up copy of the new Tales game in the drive, and to my surprise the Disc Channel is showing me that the game is in in there. This is before i went into HBC or anything so i click it and try to start the game, and of course it gives me a DRE.

But kinda weird right, i mean has this ever happened to anyone else? i havent been able to repeat this either. so yeah, pretty weird. just thought i'd share.

cr08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it's not weird. It's just normal operation.

When a disc is loaded through the disc channel (legit disc through nintendo's system menu or a backup via the loader's rebooter option), the disc banner is copied to the Wii and stored in the NAND for the duration that the system is powered on without doing a full reboot. If you shut off the wii inside a game and have standby enabled, when you turn it back on it'll boot into the stock menu without the backup loader hooks, but the banner will still display in the disc channel. So while you can hit the start selection in the disc channel, the game either won't boot or display it's internal disc read error screen. At this point you need to rerun the rebooter or load directly from the backup loader.

imri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just tried doing that whole rebooter deal, then turning off the wii and seeing if the banner is there, and it didnt happen so i dunno still weird

CIJC

Trophies
XP
Country
happens to me with mario kart, and disaster day of crysis
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch